St Georges Day!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well it's St Georges Day and no big hurrah.
It seem that people are only to willing to jump on the paddy's day bandwagon, but when it's the patron St of England it all goes quite.
Patrick chased away some snakes
George slayed dragons
most be some sort of pecking order.
Anyway
Happy St Georges Day all

by the way my dad's English.

Sponsored Links
Yep same from me.

st-georges-day.jpg

Happy Saint George's Day everyone!

The English don't like (aren't allowed) to make a big thing about their patron saint's day for fear it might offend someone!?

There used to be a village not so far away from where I live, that had a big festival day for it, and that got stopped by some do gooding council
:mad:

Sponsored Links
if we exonerate St George for slaying dragons we'll be criticised for promoting blood sports

He was Turkish anyway.
So was Santa! (St Nicholas) :D Well, sort of Greek/Turkish.

My Neighbour (woman), is Turkish Muslim. Her husband is English. They celebrate Christmas etc. They're a very nice family. She couldn't give two hoots whether St George's Day is celebrated etc.

My experience leads me to believe that this whole idea that British/Western celebrations 'may offend certain ethnic groups' is mainly dreamt up by white middle class administrators in Whitehall. Their 'restrictions' on these celebrations serve only to provoke disharmony rather than promote a more 'rounded' society.

Happy St George's Day to all from me too. Proud of it. ;)

Politicians,, (arseholes),, in this country, are obsessed with not offending others. How is celebrating a Patron Saints Day offensive.
On May the 9th, it's Europe Day :rolleyes: :evil: , now this offends me!!! This is the day chosen by the dictators in Brussels, when "citizens" of Europe are asked to celebrate being part of the most corrupt, un-democratic organisation since the Soviet Union. :evil:

last year i was in Benevant L'Abbaye on 'Bastille day' as the Tour de France came through.
double whammy, huge day of celebrating

I will wait till 8th june and celebrate the REAL patron saint of England

edward the confessor

not some persian upstart who is the parton saint of georgia

:)

Happy St George's Day to all from me too. Proud of it.
small2

Politicians,, (a*******s),, in this country, are obsessed with not offending others. How is celebrating a Patron Saints Day offensive.
On May the 9th, it's Europe Day :rolleyes: :evil: , now this offends me!!! This is the day chosen by the dictators in Brussels, when "citizens" of Europe are asked to celebrate being part of the most corrupt, un-democratic organisation since the Soviet Union. :evil:

Happy St George's Day!!! Used to have loads of little villages doing stuff years ago, now theres nothing...Shame on them!

OH don't be so miserable we are having a street party for the kids because of the good weather and I along with some of the other ladies/mums in the close are baking cakes and scones
all the men have been trying to sort out a large BBQ for later but as yet we haven't seen anything

even it bit of smoke would be nice! but as yet we haven't even seen the thing they intend to put the charcoal in let alone light it

Sponsored Links
Back