HARD HATS IN SUMMER

I must be really slow as I cant see how you being abusive to someone trying to do their job somehow justifies your stance??

It merely points to me that you have a lack of respect for authority and the rules of the workplace. there are procedures to go through if you disagree with those rules and the ultimate would be to not take the job if you disagree with their rules so much.

waiting for your next abusive reply :D

i fear you are quite slow. shame.

im not at all abusive to people who treat me with the same respect that i treat them with. however, if im treated like a naughty schoolboy by an h+s officer who has nothing else to do but annoy me with petty rules that serve no purpose other than to keep their job somehow relevant they deserve to be treated as they treat me.

as i already told you i wear all the relevant kit that keeps me safe within reason within my job. but if i choose not to wear it and it affects no one else i dont see what the problem is. it is my right to disagree with or ignore any imposed safety regulations and if my employer wants to terminate my contract because of it i would have no problem with that. i certainly wouldnt claim for an accident that was clearly my fault.

you must live quite a sheltered life if you think im being abusive. :confused:

Sponsored Links
H&S and things like proper lifting techniques are all well and good from the comfort of an office but get into the real world and a lot of it does not work or on the other hand can make the job more dangerous.. Try explaining it to them and all you get is but this is what it says.
You try lifting an old gas back boiler casting weighing 60/70lbs out of a 18 by 22 inch hole with straight back and bent knees . With some halfwit from H&S saying oh you doing it wrong . Fek off before i drop it on your toes.

We are all supposed to get our hard hats and other PPE inspected yearly.

The guy doing the checks took exception to a sticker on my hard hat. It was a requirement on one site that everyone wore one of said stickers indicating the site safety course had been completed. 'That's the rules - No stickers on hard hats - The adhesive could weaken the plastic. Here's a new safety helmet - dont stick anything on it!'

Then he said 'We've run out of hard hats with the company logo on. I send you a sticker in the post.....'

Yes, but
No, but
Yes, but....

Sponsored Links
[url=http://www.shponline.co.uk/article.asp?pagename=features&article_id=7103]A site inspector[/url] said:
...Now, the more alert among you will have noted that a contractor requiring workers to affix stickers to their hard hats is in contradiction of item 76(g) of the PPE at Work 1992 guidance booklet L25. But from the contractor's point of view, compliance has been achieved, and he need not worry about health and safety from the moment the sticker is stuck...

Surely 'approved' stickers are available?

:rolleyes:

Back