HARD HATS IN SUMMER

In the extremely unlikely event of my toiling for a day's pay in such a manner: yes*. And a mask. And gloves. And I'd probably do my shirt up too, to stop little sharp bits dropping down inside and scratching me.

Like I said, where I consider its use to be an effect deterrent to my being injured, I would use it, but I don't consider it to be necessary for the vast majority of jobs that I do in conjunction with my being on site.

*ETA not forgetting lug plugs as well

Sponsored Links
Thats fair enough, thats all it takes, a bit of reasonable thinking and approach before doing a job.

On certain buiding sites I believe its more to do with showing there is site discipline there in order to gain proper insurance cover?

Well I appreciate that I stand more of a chance of getting away with my Mr Awkward stance than a site operative might, but, if they too were given the chance to apply reasonable thinking and approach, I'm sure that half the conflicts on site wouldn't arise.

I'm sure that you're 100% correct with your second paragraph as well.

You seem to contradict yourself - you say that you would, if necessary, use PPE, but then you also said this:

I don't need it. It's a chance that I'm prepared to take.

I'm confused.

Sponsored Links
Ok. To clarify. I'm not obsessive about not wearing PPE. Where it makes sense - to me - to wear such, then I would do so. It just so happens that, on the majority of occasions, it does not make any sense to me to have put on all this garb, other than the site agent reckoning that I should have to.

Where it's -as I see it - a pots and pans requirement, then I'll quite happily take my chance. Like wearing a pair of safety boots: there's a chance that I might stand on one, but one I'm happy with.

Ditto ear defs generally, as I'm not around stuff that much (other than her indoors) to get too hung up about suffering hearing loss over and above that which I already have and the tinnitus which I already have.

Ditto eye protection, albeit that I will admit that I have come close on a few occasions through not wearing them and that maybe my choosing to not wear them was really a bit stupid on those occasions. I may be immortal, but I'm not perfect :)

ive no patience for this type of nonsense. ive had many a similar incident and at first i used to argue but now i just tell them to **** off and bother someone who cares.
A question, due to the sounds of a lack of care about your own safety, do you care about others safety in such light aswell?

congrats, i knew someone would read this wrong and jump both feet forward. :rolleyes:

i commented i had no patience for the petty h+s rules that will protect you from absolutely nothing as there is nothing to be protected from.

h+s certainly has its place but also its time. the h+s officers that try to enforce ridiculous rules on me get the hard word, those that have something valuable to say and dont do it in a condescending manner i listen to and weigh up whether it is valid in my current circumstances.

i certainly have no desire to see someone injured through my negligence or indeed ignorance.

im not stupid, i wear all the eye goggles and ear defenders both at work and when shooting etc. i even wear my steelies to gigs so i dont come back from the front with spam for toes. :D

ive no patience for this type of nonsense. ive had many a similar incident and at first i used to argue but now i just tell them to **** off and bother someone who cares.

Then wrote:

congrats, i knew someone would read this wrong and jump both feet forward. :rolleyes:
Im sorry but i can only read it as it is and unless you were using a new form of language thats exactly how i read your reply.

Then wrote:

Im sorry but i can only read it as it is and unless you were using a new form of language thats exactly how i read your reply.

yes and if you had read what i quoted before my reply then you may have got the idea. ill be clearer for the slower chaps in future.

yes and if you had read what i quoted before my reply then you may have got the idea. ill be clearer for the slower chaps in future.
I must be really slow as I cant see how you being abusive to someone trying to do their job somehow justifies your stance?? It merely points to me that you have a lack of respect for authority and the rules of the workplace. there are procedures to go through if you disagree with those rules and the ultimate would be to not take the job if you disagree with their rules so much.

waiting for your next abusive reply :D

there are procedures to go through if you disagree with those rules and the ultimate would be to not take the job if you disagree with their rules so much.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools :)

so still no good answer bout hard hats personally if nothing gonna fall on my head i.e {nothing above me} why do i need one :confused: :confused:

Keeps your head dry in the rain. ;)

I really can't see what all the fuss is about. I've been wearing hard hat / hi vis / steelies for years.

It is there for my protection.

I have a decent pair of boots (steel toe, steel sole), which are as comfy as any pair of trainers I've ever owned. I happily walk miles in these most days.

You can get hi vis t-shirts, jumpers, fleeces, jackets, trousers, vests, gloves, waterproofs etc. so this is no different from what I'd normally wear (except the colour of course)

I have a hard hat which fits, and is properly adjusted. It is comfy to wear all day long.

Sponsored Links
Back