Hardcore for new driveway

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You want 4-6 inches of type 1 for residential. If they have just added type 1 on top, Im not sure how they intend to get the levels correct.

I'm no expert but I have a thought that might make you feel better (or possibly worse) about the initial "hardcore". I'd grab a handful of it and mix it with water, if you find it making a mud pie, it's full of soil, if it remains sandy and does not go at all sticky, then you probably have some dirty looking crushed concrete. I'd obviously be concerned if it was the former rather than the latter.....

I tried the above and it didn't really go sticky, so I guess is crushed concrete. Was expecing today another truck load of proper type 1 to add to the rest of the driveway but today's delivery looked like crushed tarmac, roads plannings I think they call it. Hope it does the job but certainly the cheaper option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back