Hardwiring control panel to mains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

This is my first post. I had a search for a similar post but couldn't find one.

I have a Friedland SA5 (not the latest model) and I am about to (attempt to) hardwire it to the mains, so I don't have a plug trailing.

The hardwire connectors on the unit say "Permanent 12Vdc power supply output (100mA max). The unit is just above a light socket so my plan was to pass a wire to this to power the unit.

Am I right in assuming that this can be done, or do I need some kind of transformer to convert the mains output to the recommended output? What would I need to do this?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Is there one of those moulded 12v tranformers on the lead?
Whatever it is, you cannot wire 240v AC directly to a 12v DC board!! - you'll need a 12vDC power supply unit of some nature.

I take it that it's the type which is part of the plugtop? You might be able to get one which is part of the lead.

Sponsored Links
IMHO you will be best off getting a pro involved here. Mains voltages WILL kill .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back