Changing 8VAC Bell Transformer to 24VAC Transformer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I currently have a really old doorbell (probably pre '80s) which is powered by a 8v Friedland 752 Wall mounted bell transformer, fitted just above the consumer unit.

I am upgrading to a Ring Pro Door Bell and understand that to hardwire it I need to fit a 24VAC transformer.

Currently the transformer is connected to the lighting circuit/RCD and my plan is to quite simply leave the bell wiring intact but just remove the old 8V transformer and replace it with the new 24v transfomer. The new transformer needs to be mounted into the consumer unit. As I do not have space I will simply buy a 2 module RCD enclosure so that I can mount it where the old unit is.

Does anyone foresee any issues with what I plan to do transformer wise?

Obviously for the rest of the Ring doorbell install I know I just need to follow the instructions lol.

Sponsored Links
If it's 8volts A/C then you can use existing transformer Screenshot_20181122-172211.png

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back