Has anyone got a top tip

Hit the spout lightly back and forth with a hammer a few times , this will loosen the red lead/plaster or putty that was used to set them in..............................if the basin breaks then buy a new one.

Not sure how that'll loosen the backnut mate, which is the first thing this chap needs to do; Remove the backnut.

Sponsored Links
I have tried the Jaw dropper Wrenches, but the jaws just splay open if you put too much pressure on them,

I was hoping that someone would come up with a modern solution to this age old problem,

buckie - no, no, no to modern solutions, the tried and tested methods are what's needed here. As in my earlier post:

box spanner on nut

tommy bar in box spanner

hot air paint stripper to heat nut & soften 'putty'

Stilson to hold tap body firm in basin (stop it turning) when applying wellie
to the box spanner

Sponsored Links
Drill back nut off ( maybe ?) or try a dremel drill , comes with all types of attachments , little grinding & saw blades ect ect

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back