HAS ANYONE HAD EXPERIENCE WITH SANDTOFT ROOF TILES

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted a question asking about the best tiles for a low pitch. Have settled on Sandtoft Calderdale. Has anyone used these in the past, if so how has anyone found them for fading, this is a really big expense and I want yo get it right. I know the colour will fade at some point but am hoping this is not as quick as my roofer is telling me.
Can anyone advise as these are about yo be ordered. Please.

Sponsored Links
You also need to factor in the filth, moss, bird muck etc as well as sun bleaching.

Why are you concerned about having a pristine roof. This is your first line of defence against the weather and is subjected to all kinds of abuse. It's not like a window is it.

As long as the tiles weather evenly, (individual colour discrepancies can look awful) then why worry about what's going on up there.

Well considering it's a dormer style house so the roof sitting immediately above the downstairs windows and VERY visible.
Also at a cost of £30,000 for all the works I am having done then I think it only human to want a nice roof.
My question was simply do the tiles that are coated stand up to the elements or is my new roof going to end up looking just like my old roof, colour wise in just a couple of years.
I have seen some done at least over 8 years ago and the colour is still quite good, due to my pitch I can't have that exact tile, but yet the ones I want I have been told by my roofer the colour will only lasts 2 years.
Just wondered if anyone else had in the past used these and found the colour lasts, at least more than 2 years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back