Has anyone noticed....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
....how absolutely awful the index in Tradepoints catolgue is! They have obviously muddled it together in a hurry and has been done by someone 'deskbound' employee who has no knowledge of what parts are commonly called, I am not referring to slang terms either!

The (other) annoying thing is that you cannot simply ask the person on the counter what you want as they need a bl00dy code to go get it!

But it's ok I am still :D

Sponsored Links
It's the same when you go in Screwfix or Tool Station.

Basically it's the Argos principle. All info on database, and no need to pay for any brains. (No disrespect to any of said company staff reading).

I would never go to Screwfix again, checked online for code number of item I required, went to shop, the young guy behind the counter asked for my post code? why does he need that?
Gave him the code of item I required, he entered it in system....where did you get this code....off the internet.............sorry its out of date
I looked up current code in their catalogue...he put that code in......sorry out of stock......it certainly inspires confidence!

Never again. :evil:

Wotan

I can't be ar$ed with Tradepoint. You think their catalogue prices are cheaper than Screwfix and Toolstation, then you remember that their prices aren't VAT inclusive. Some Tradepoint items are behind the counter, but other stuff is on the shelf in the store. :confused: Why go through the hassle of registering with Tradepoint, when SF and TS have the same products, same prices, and you can just walk in and buy them?

Screwfix service has suffered recently because of their new £1m computer system, although I am told that they are now on top of the situation.

Think I will stick with Screwfix and Toolstation, especially as TS deliver items over £10 free. Saves time and diesel (£1.40/L :eek: :eek: ).

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, tradepoint is one of the nearest places for me, as is a screwfix counter. They are one in the same, and I find the usual procedure is to go to screwfix and find they have "none in stock". Then it's off to tradepoint where it will be in stock. Or vice versa! Between the two of them I can usually get what I need.

I do find it hard to comprehend they cannot keep items such as screws in plentiful supply. It's like going to a supermarket and finding they had no milk or bread :rolleyes:

stopped using b&poo / screwfux when the old trade card was replaced with the new crap discount / not in the catologue/ if its in the catologue ists more expensive than items on the shop floor

Screwgits services is also pants at millbrook - order then wait 20 minutes for some snotty nosed oik to be bothered to get your order!

Toolstation gets 90% of my trade now, knowledgable, friendly service. in, order, pay collect and back in my van in under 3 minutes.

loads of tradesmen in southampton now boycott B&poo as a result of the crap discount/service.

Back