Has anyone used Bonakemi Naturale on their wood floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are in the process of deciding which finish to put on our hardwood block floor. The choice is between Osmo matt hardwax polyx oil and the Bona Naturale. We would like the wood to remain as close to its sanded colour as possible and not yellow/darken too much with age. We also like the faster hardening and application time of the Bona.

We have tried a tester of the Osmo and like the effect but don't want it to yellow as I have heard hardwax oils do. The Bona Naturale is horrendously expensive but if it lives up to its claims sounds ideal.

Has anyone used this? Does it allow the wood to breathe as it is supposed to be a combination of the best of all finishes and does it change with age?. There does not seem to be the possibility of testing it before hand so I would like to know if it is worth the big extra expense before taking the plunge.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

We are in the process of deciding which finish to put on our hardwood block floor. The choice is between Osmo matt hardwax polyx oil and the Bona Naturale. We would like the wood to remain as close to its sanded
Every natural finish will darken the pale appearance your unfinished floor has now, there are no two ways about it. Plus it's a characteristic of Oak to turn Honey Coloured after a few months. the only way to 'prevent' that (every floor will mature over time - effecting the colour to a deeper tone) is to apply a slightly coloured oil (or varnish).

Thanks for the reply,

I understand that the wood would age naturally and I wouldn't want to add a stain or colour to it, although thats a good tip I shall keep for the future. I would like it to be able age without the finish affecting that process by discolouring itself.

The floor is a Burmese teak which at the moment is a lovely pale orange colour, just applying a clear wax leaves it as it is without darkening but I imagine this would require lots of maintenance. The oil gives the effect of wetting the surface as I presume would a varnish.

I was just wondering if anyone knew how the Bona naturale compared.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back