Has dextrous gone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know he had a few issues with some of his posts being modded, but I haven't seen him on here lately. Seems a shame if he's threw his toys out of the pram and left, he was an interesting contributor.

Sponsored Links
At the moment I think it best to say that he is' attempting constructive discussions with Admin' regarding some recent events.

Hopefully it won't be too long before we see him back on here.
As you say,
he was an interesting contributor
who had his principles but could also see anothers point of view at times.
Unlike some posters on here who seem to have 'tunnel vision' when it comes to someone having a different opinion to theirs.

Ahhh, that sounds like you know a little more than you are saying, fair enough.
I wonder who these "other posters" you refer to might be though. :LOL:

You could have fun with dex and he wouldn't take his ball in. I hope we see him again but I fear we won't seems one of the mod's had it in for him.

Sponsored Links
Yes I do have a little insight to the matter but do not feel at liberty to go into detail at this time. Hopefully the 'powers that be' will reach an agreement and we will see the return of the 'prodigal son' before too long.

I think he will be pleased that his abscence has been noted though.
Thanks lads.

i am led to believe he never took his ball in, "somebody" has burst his ball to stop him playing

I recieved this very interesting email which gives dextrous' side of what's been going on, I emailed him back and have his permission to post it here. If nothing else it can serve as his signing off note.

Hi Ray
Think my demise began after getting somewhat miffed with alsheating. Somewhere along the line, the mods and admin decided to remove these threads and als at the same time. From what I could make out, alsheating started multiple ID's, and i was caugth nup in the wake. No matter what I said, asking admin to reconsider locking my "catholic top dog watch" thread got me nowhere, and for some reason I got a temporary ban. The following day I was allowed back on, but seem to be a target for some of the mods (I suspect it's mostle mod4 who may be securespark), and no matter what I posted, it got deleted. This led to my account being disabled. I have tried coming back on using different ID's, but these get deleted and disabled almost instantly - I guess they have my IP address on some kind of alert now.

I subsequently got mightily ****ed off and started hurling particularly unpleasant abuse at the mods and indeed admin himself, and as such may well have burnt my boats on this one I'm afraid. I've since emailed admin with my sincere apologies, but since he has never replied to any of my emails, I can't foresee my account being re-enabled. I suppose I could try to change my proxy/IP settings, but I don't know how and I'm not entirely sure that I want to go to the time and effort of finding out.

Ah well, it's all part of life's rich tapestry. Ironic that my "death" has been through a religious debate, and an electrician mod who probably lives less than 30 miles away. Never mind.

Keep in touch
Pete

Securespark was a public schoolboy so what do you expect. :rolleyes:

Sooey, (and others who may be interested),
I too have had a similar mail off Dex last week and after some discussion with him I proposed writing to Admin on his behalf asking for clemency. Dex agreed to this and I sent him a copy of what I sent to Admin so he knew exactly what I was saying. To date, Admin has neither e-mailed me or PM'd me a reply so I can fully understand Dex's frustration in this matter. I have agreed with Dex that should I not receive a reply from Admin by tomorrow, (Thursday evening), then I will post a copy of the e-mail on here to see if that brings a response.
I think its time we banded together and demanded that this be sorted one way or the other, preferably with Dex being re-instated as his former self.
You can also look here,
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=222295
for a thread Dex started to Admin when this all began.

"I am the only admin, so only I can unblock blocked accounts."

...and Moses cowed down and hid his eyes from his God lest he be turned into stone.

I would hope that common sense could prevail here. In the short time that I have been in the GD forum, Dex was an excellent contributor and was shafted by the inane comments of Alsheating ( I remember too well when I posted a reply to him on the Plumbing forum and was castigated by others )
Mods / admin, please be pragmatic - we need people like Dex on here to give his views / comments on an array of different subjects. He has the ability to put his point of view across, yet still see the others point of view, unlike some other posters.

Sponsored Links
Back