Has the human race stopped evolving?

I

imamartian

In celebration of Mr Darwin.... will the human race continue to evolve?

I think your race has reached a bit of a plateau. Evoloution is born out of the need to improve on or better your peers.... by design or by accident. I think humans have reached a point where that can scientifically solve those issues. So the race will not improve, but science will.

The only way i can see humans evolving is via fashion... i.e. taller kids.... bigger eyes.... etc etc... can imagine what you lot will end up looking like !

Sponsored Links
The only way i can see humans evolving is via fashion... i.e. taller kids.... bigger eyes.... etc etc... can imagine what you lot will end up looking like !
FASHION? Kids aren't taller because of Jeans... its Genes!!!!! :rolleyes:

FASHION? Kids aren't taller because of Jeans... its Genes!!!!! :rolleyes:

Yes, surely because it's "fashionable" to portray 'taller' as sexy, therefore more offspring with taller parents, and "tall" genes kick in. Isn't it called natural selection?

Yes, surely because it's "fashionable" to portray 'taller' as sexy, therefore more offspring with taller parents, and "tall" genes kick in. Isn't it called natural selection?
:confused:

A word in your shell like.... leave the alcohol alone!

Sponsored Links
Thumbs and wrists will grow stronger through using an ever increasing number of handheld gadgets.

Scientific selection will never take place however. The moral objections to this will always be recognised over the benefits of creating a race of "super humans".

Though I am all for castrating and / or sterilising those who are physically or mentally incapable of giving a child a good start to life. This should help to cut down on the yobbery on our streets, people microwaving cats etc (Metro, today)

with the evolution of acerbic web forums.

could we look forward to the development of, longer necks, sharp tongue's, short tempers and smaller brain's ?

or people who look like this :confused: or this :rolleyes:

How about women evolving with breasts on their backs. It would leave the spoon position a lot more interesting. :D

with the evolution of acerbic web forums.

could we look forward to the development of, longer necks, sharp tongue's, short tempers and smaller brain's ?

Please stop talking about softus. :LOL:

Humans evolved from monkeys? it's a load of crap, if that was the case why aren't monkeys still evolving into humans.

v7i12g1.jpg

For example you would have loads of each one of these being born and living today, but there isn't, there is the monkey, and the human, nothing inbetween.

Humans evolved from monkeys? it's a load of rubbish, if that was the case why aren't monkeys still evolving into humans.

the various ape species we see today are the product of evolution that have branched out from a more specific ape like creature.

humans, chimps, monkeys etc, are all the finished/latest product of their specific evolutionary branch.

Sponsored Links
Back