Have I been ripped off?

Sponsored Links
I'm off to change a three port in the morning, if I'm not out within the hour I will be a tad disappointed

Way I see it , its all very well saying the bloke over charged based upon the say so on what some one posts up , but what does any one really know ???

could have been a blocked cold feed , air lock stopping circulation, some rads not getting hot ect ect

A while back I changed a half inch BV iin a loft tank & that bill came to 200 odd squid & that was cheap

Sponsored Links
A while back I changed a half inch BV iin a loft tank & that bill came to 200 odd squid & that was cheap

Why was it cheap???

Andy

Because the only way to access the roof tank , was by getting on the roof and taking tiles off cutting out roof battens ect

The roof tank was for a ground floor property , access to the loft was denied by the bloke in the 1st floor prop , he was some care in the community nutter!!

**** that, I can image working on a cold water tank with the nutter opening the loft hatch and chasing me around with a knife.

Some jobs are not worth doing!!!!!

£200 was cheap.

Andy

What (or who) did he have in that loft that he didn't want you to see? :eek:
Our ex CITC resident nutter - thankfully f**k*d off to pastures new - was under the impression that the IRA and a ninja cell were in the communal loft above the stairwell. The landlord put Fort Knox strength padlocks on the hatch to stop them getting out to appease the t*at.

We held a party to celebrate his departure.

well you just don't know in this game... how many jobs which should take a few minutes end up taking considerably longer...

Spot on Alec. Cannot see how anyone can specify how long a repair is going to take when not on site or without looking at the job. Even starting a job is at times not enough to speculate howlong a job is going to take.

Went to a WB 240 where the CH was poor/ non existant. The way the boiler was fitted and access to it was limited/ state of internal components, dismantling, repair and reassembley took just about ever. :(

I did! He kept coming to me every 10 minutes to tell me what he was doing etc. and then went off on a tangent every time!

I think the real problem is this, the OP should have told him to get on with it instead of chatting the price up.

Had to back fill many a system because it wouldn't fill. :mad:

I did! He kept coming to me every 10 minutes to tell me what he was doing etc. and then went off on a tangent every time!

I think the real problem is this, the OP should have told him to get on with it instead of chatting the price up.

Had to back fill many a system because it wouldn't fill. :mad:

Quite right DIA, it's no big deal handling problems on systems, if you have the experience. But some ex-shelf filler from Adsa that's done *********
, turns up at your door with a shining new set of tools & the figure of £80K/year in his head - you'll know your getting shafted!!

As others have said, bung it & even fit a couple of lever valves, an hour tops.

I think I'll expand my empire to SE Engerland, if these ********* can charge that sort of poppy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back