Have we got time before 6th May to get this off the ground?

I

imamartian

I'm not voting on 6th May... i believe a democracy is a right to have a choice. And my choice is not to support what i think is a vastly flawed electoral system.

So my question is.. how do i get my idea at least considered.

I believe that the purpose of a government is to lead a country, and make that country the best it can be based on the wishes of the people of that country (with a few other bits and bobs in there too).

What bugs me about the current system is that in order to let me know how good they are, party A simply tells me how bad partys B and C are. And the things that party A say they're gonna do when they get in... they simply don't do them.
Also, i might feel strongly about policies from different parties...

And i reckon politics isn't about what it used to be about, that was a class system - so lets scrap it and all work together to get the best democratically elected management in to provide the best solution for Britain.

What i would like to see happen is we vote for a leader... and then we regularly vote for policies (refernda i guess). That way, we surely have a true democracy. A government leading in a way the people wanted. If a leader thought we were going to vote in something that wasn't good for this country, we could have lively tv debates for them to try and convince us. Plus on these referendum voting slips there could be a box for a "vote of no confidence" and if that reached 60% (for example) it would trigger another leadership election.

The way things are at present is counter productive... and in my opinion has to change.

Sponsored Links
The only problem there, is that as soon as they (whoever) get in power they will change the rules so they can do as they please.
Have you noticed? Our MP's call themselves "The right honorable" and spend most of their time trying to prove each other dis-honorable.

The only problem there, is that as soon as they (whoever) get in power they will change the rules so they can do as they please.
Have you noticed? Our MP's call themselves "The right honorable" and spend most of their time trying to prove each other dis-honorable.

But that's the who point... they'd all be on the same side..... ours! And any 'dishonourable' behaviour and they be voted out.
And it wouldn't be about their views... they'd have to come up with the best idea/plan that would then be voted in by the people.....

What i would like to see happen is we vote for a leader... and then we regularly vote for policies (refernda i guess). That way, we surely have a true democracy.....

Are you serious :rolleyes: This system worked OK in ancient Athens with a voting population of 5000 and a state less than 100 miles across, but not any more.
The 2001 general election cost £80m to organise. It just ain't worth it for anything less (and maybe not even then, on recent performance). Anyway, the party elected would maintain that you've already voted for their policies which were published in their manifesto.

Sponsored Links

What i would like to see happen is we vote for a leader... and then we regularly vote for policies (refernda i guess). That way, we surely have a true democracy.....

Are you serious :rolleyes: This system worked OK in ancient Athens with a voting population of 5000 and a state less than 100 miles across, but not any more.
The 2001 general election cost £80m to organise. It just ain't worth it for anything less (and maybe not even then, on recent performance). Anyway, the party elected would maintain that you've already voted for their policies which were published in their manifesto.

... which is why i don't vote. And besides... do they actually do any of the things in their manifesto? It's decision making on the hoof with a few voter friendly ideas towards the end of their term.

I thought referenda with integral to a democracy? and PR?

I detest the petty bun fight we call an election.

I believe that the purpose of a government is to lead a country

I agree.
But the only way any future UK government will once ever again "lead" this country is to with draw from the EU.
The europhiles use their usual scare mongering tactic that we will end up isolated by such a move. What a load of tosh.
At the moment our so called leaders are just puppets controlled by the overpaid brussels pen pushers.
The eu will break up eventually whether we are fully integrated (euro adopted, single eu defence force bla bla etc) or not!
It's just a question of time.

What has EU membership acheived for the UK?

I can tell you what it has acheived for Ireland.
The economy is in complete tatters. My brother resides in the ROI and he has lost his job 3 times in two years and his income has dropped by almost 40%.
OOh and over 100 billions worth of fish plundered from her waters.
And how much did Ireland receive from the coffers of the eu.

A paltry 65 billion! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I believe that the purpose of a government is to lead a country

I agree.
But the only way any future UK government will once ever again "lead" this country is to with draw from the EU.
The europhiles use their usual scare mongering tactic that we will end up isolated by such a move. What a load of tosh.
At the moment our so called leaders are just puppets controlled by the overpaid brussels pen pushers.
The eu will break up eventually whether we are fully integrated (euro adopted, single eu defence force bla bla etc) or not!
It's just a question of time.

What has EU membership acheived for the UK?

I can tell you what it has acheived for Ireland.
The economy is in complete tatters. My brother resides in the ROI and he has lost his job 3 times in two years and his income has dropped by almost 40%.
OOh and over 100 billions worth of fish plundered from her waters.
And how much did Ireland receive from the coffers of the eu.

A paltry 65 billion! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Just adds weight to my referendum/ruled by the people theory. If this is a democracy, and we don't want the EU, we exit. The politicians might pander to Europe, but our people won't.

I've never studied politics (you can probably tell!) but i'm starting to think we live in an elected dictatorship!

The politicians might pander to Europe, but our people won't.

The people and the politicians of the UK are weak and unable/unwilling to stand up to the tyrannical pen pusher power of the eu IMO.
The greedy politicians just roll with the eu ££££ gravy train and the people just accept the decades of eu power grabbing as long as the credit cards keep the cash rolling into their pockets.

My vote will soon go to Sinn Fein. A united Ireland with a united stand against the eu.
The UK has lost its way a long time ago.

The politicians might pander to Europe, but our people won't.

The people and the politicians of the UK are weak and unable/unwilling to stand up to the tyrannical pen pusher power of the eu IMO.
The greedy politicians just roll with the eu ££££ gravy train and the people just accept the decades of eu power grabbing as long as the credit cards keep the cash rolling into their pockets.

My vote will soon go to Sinn Fein. A united Ireland with a united stand against the eu.
The UK has lost its way a long time ago.

The whole point of my post is about the people taking the power back from the poilticians, but using their honed management skills to take the people's policies forward. If we don't want Europe (via a referendum) then our leaders vote us out, or we vote them out.

then our leaders vote us out, or we vote them out

Well since you don't vote how do you expect change to take place?
Sitting on your arze moaning about it on a diy forum will acheive nothing. :rolleyes:

then our leaders vote us out, or we vote them out

Well since you don't vote how do you expect change to take place?
Sitting on your arze moaning about it on a diy forum will acheive nothing. :rolleyes:

Not so keen on the tone you adopted Norcon..... if you could be bothered to read the original post you might have seen that the whole point of the post was to ask advice on how i do get it to take place.

Also i may well have had a moan, but most of what i put was positive ideas for a way forward....

And as for not voting.... i am legally entitled not to vote, and if enough people abstained then maybe we might get some sort of electoral reform?

The only way your idea would ever work is if absolutely no one voted at all on May 6th. The Govt would be in a real quandary. What could they do? Legally there would be no govt at all as parliament would be dissolved a few weeks before.
Good points from other posters. I reckon the sooner we ditch the EU and any govt see's it for what it is, (a cash generator for France and Germany) the better

The only way your idea would ever work is if absolutely no one voted at all on May 6th. The Govt would be in a real quandary. What could they do? Legally there would be no govt at all as parliament would be dissolved a few weeks before.
Good points from other posters. I reckon the sooner we ditch the EU and any govt see's it for what it is, (a cash generator for France and Germany) the better

Not strictly true.... because under the current system, surely if someone were to stand with these ideals and enough people voted, then they would get elected and could start work on my ideals?

From what i've heard so far, is it fair to say that on the whole people are happy with things as they are?

The unashamed, openly declared object of the EU is to set up the United States of Europe. They dont even hide the fact these days.

Everything the Eu does is to do with either removing power from elected governments to Brussels, and destroying the concept of 'citizen' and 'nationality' and replacing it with 'europeans'

The immigration policy is designed to mix everyone in europe up in each other country, turn every nation into a multicultural nation, that softens us up for the day in the future the EU abolishes national governments (it has that power now, its in the Lisbon Treaty, thats why Brown coudnt afford to let us vote NO ).

Human Rights laws are designed to give foreigners more rights than citizens of a nation, and therefore undermine the whole point of national identity.

Everything the Eu does is aimed at replacing national identity with european identity. To that end they are already assembling the forces of oppression that they can use to quell resistance to the idea in the latter stages- why does a 'trading partnership' need an EU Army and an EU Police Force? The Eu can FORCE us to have the Euro should they choose to (its in the Lisbon Treaty) , and it can remove us from the UN Security Council and take our place. The Lisbon Treaty also gives the EU power to give itself even more powers, without any further treaties or votes.

The EU now has the power to take control of all the nations in the EU, it can get rid of Westminster, stop any further elections here except EU elections, and ban political partys in the UK that are euroskeptic, but it knows it cant do it yet, we need more softening up.

Read the Treaties we have signed. They set up a dictatorship that can be enforced legally and militarily, at some point in the future.

The Eu is insidious, dangerous, and the biggest threat to the independence and sovereignty of this nation since Hitler.

Sponsored Links
Back