Heat Exchangers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can these be repaired ? Or can i buy a recond. part, mine has gone and im looking at £130 plus vat. its the main exchanger , had water dripping down from the holes where the the igniters are, so im presuming its the exchanger.

Sponsored Links
Can these be repaired ? Or can i buy a recond. part, mine has gone and im looking at £130 plus vat. its the main exchanger

No. :cry:

If its cast iron then definately not!

If its copper then normally not although I have heard of them being repaired by silver soldering!

There were people who used to solder car radiators when they leaked. But now they are all plastic!!!

When the main HE leaks thats usually as a result of dirt inside and its often time to replace the boiler. A lot depends on the model though.

Replacing the main HE is a job for a CORGI registered engineer for gas safety reasons!

Tony

Sponsored Links
its an ariston micro genius 23 mfi , ive only recently had the diverter valve replaced , that was leaking. now this. :(

What i dont understand is that the bioler is only 7 years old , and the heating system was furnox protected, how can it happen? i thought boilers lasted yrs

Funny enough i said that about my car to the salesman when my 23k car blew up with 18k on on the clock. Its your donald duck unfortunatley

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back