Heat pump tumble dryers

Thank you for the thread, also considering what to do with tumble drier, at moment hose out of window, was considering drilling the large hole for vent, but if they are no longer made seems better to get the type with a heat pump.

In my case not really a problem, dryer in an unheated utility room. But for those with a smaller home forced to use kitchen as a laundry room, the big problem with any kitchen is to stop it over heating. So you spend extra on an induction hob to reduce kitchen heat, then get a tumble drier which heats up the kitchen, seems wrong.

The heat from an appliance goes two ways, can heat the room in winter, but needs an AC running in summer, it may be possible to fit tungsten lamps in winter and LED in summer, but hardly going to have a summer and winter tumble drier.

So the big question is how much heat goes into the room from a heat pump tumble drier? I know with an absorption fridge in a caravan you needs an extractor fan behind it or whole caravan over heated. And once hot you never seemed to be able to cool it again.

As to energy use it would depend if used in a heated or cooled room, or a room with no temperature control. Also the dangers of blowing air out of a home if there is an open flue. So all I did was put a bolt on the internal door so if some one did climb in the open window, they can only get into the utility room.

So what is the crack with the heat pump type, how much heat goes into the room? Would I still need to leave window open so as not to over heat room?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back