Heat resistant connector covers inside cooker.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again...this job is driving me batty. I am replacing the element (grill/upper oven) to my Baumatic BT built-in oven which is all of 8 years old!!!
There are five spade connectors and I have fed the wires inside the cooker to these. However the original heat-resistant plastic shrouds have broken off as they became brittle with the heat.
So I have done a temporary job with unsulating tape but I must get a proper heat resistant form of cover.
On contacting the company, the technical guy says that they now use a 'resin' which coats the joint.However they do not stock the resin as a 'spare'.
So can somebody please help me and tell me how to get some of this resin or suggest a safe way of 'shrouding' the joint.
Best wishes and thanks as always.

Sponsored Links
The covers are only there for safety, to stop the foil insulation touching the element, Remove any local foil & forget about them.

Use heat shrink sleeving.

There is a high temperature version that is more than adequate for the job.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again for allaying my fears. I will try for the heatshrinking high temp version but will not worry too much if I cannot find it..just do a quick check on that foil. I am amazed that 8 years is old ...but I suppose that fashions change and technology moves on....best regards from Stokey.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back