Heateam?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, just wondering if anyone here works for Heateam? If so what are they like to work for, how are things organsied/run?

Cheers guys

Al

Sponsored Links
About 325 engineers plus about 25 independents mostly used for special tasks like replacing boilers.

Controlled from Warwick and probably expected to do about eight calls in local area a day. Mostly five day work at about £25k-£27k plus very occasional overtime. Transit style van provided but not to be used for any private jobs. Regional Managers in each large area to train you and deal with complaints.

Nice easy job with all the backup and only working on limited range of boilers. Not pushed as hard as BG staff.

I have never worked for anything like them but thats what I gather! Could be wrong though.

Tony

Thanks tony

Do you work in sales :LOL:

You've done a pretty good job at selling it to me.

Had heard BG can be 'difficult' to work for and have read some post on here that aren't very flattering for them.

I hadn't heard much about what Heateam are like to work for, sounds like it may be worth applying :D

Al

hmmm, he neglected to mention that you have to work on baxi's all day. a major con against all of the supposed pro's IMO

Sponsored Links
Dont take too much notice of some of the more scathing comments about BG on here! They are from the older ones who took the money and left!

They have a fairly contented 5500 engineers left who can earn quite high salaries if they do lots of overtime and dont complain. They dont have many people leaving except at retirement or when redundancy deals are available.

Some of them dont take well to all the targets and performance indicies but in reality that applies to all current jobs in large organisations.

Heatteam is rather more relaxed and has good backup. As they only deal with repairs on newer boilers the work is much easier and cleaner!

Tony

Should of used 'Baxi Fan' for my forum name :LOL:

I enjoy working on them, except the puma :LOL: I mainly install Baxi, or at least try to, depends what the customer wants.

Al

They have a fairly contented 5500 engineers left who can earn quite high salaries if they do lots of overtime and dont complain.
Tony

the basic is £27,600. factor in your shifts you have to do and its £30k without even trying.

They dont have many people leaving except at retirement or when redundancy deals are available.

no they are all leaving whenever they feel like really. there will be no more redundancies unless they get bought over, i dont see it happening even then.

Some of them dont take well to all the targets and performance indicies .

just ignore them, its a piece of ****

Heatteam is rather more relaxed and has good backup. as they only deal with repairs on newer boilers the work is much easier and cleaner!

it probably is more relaxed. i would have thought they would have worked on anything baxi or its subsiuaries ever made, some of them certainly are not clean.

Heatteam is rather more relaxed and has good backup. As they only deal with repairs on newer boilers the work is much easier and cleaner!

Tony

That sounds good to me, giving up self employment due to 2 months off with a stress related illness, I'm after a relatively stress free (ish) enviroment. I know all jobs have their fair amount of stress, got to be expected in this age.

Al

But under the BG insurance cover their engineers can have to pull up floor boards and crawl about underneath looking for and repairing leaks and go searching in unlit and unboarded lofts for header tanks.

A heatteam engineer has a very clean environment by comparisom! But limited scope for overtime as their work is mostly warrantee repairs on a 8-5 basis Mon-Fri.

For anyone who does not need a high salary and with limited scope for promotion its a nice easy job.

BG has a lead engineer for every 8-10 basic staff and many regional heads so there is scope for promotion although that can give a reduction in earnings.

Tony

Not to worried about promotion, generally has stress hidden in the package somewhere.

Just want to do a days work and get an honest wage for it.

Do they work from home or do Heateam have depots around the country?

Al

They probably have about 25 based at Warwick I expect and the others I think work from home.

If you want to check it out first try asking to speak to their service manager and ask if you can spend a day out with one of their engineers so you can get a good idea of what a typical day is like.

Six months ago they had about 10-15 vacancies but I dont know what its like now and it always depends on the situation in your local area.

A stress management course might be available through your doctor/NHS. I went on a BBC one once but came out more convinced that it was just the Section Manager causing all the problems.

Tony

Few facts
We work from home
We work Mon-Fri
7.5hrs in Summer and 9hrs in Winter per day
You work 15 Saturdays per year (10 given back as two week blocks in Summer)
Salary £27,256 includes 5 Saturdays + Bonus (3k - 10k) + £1,000 loyalty(after 3 years).
Holidays start at 25 days (majority have to be taken in Summer)
Baxi range is vast and we carry over 1,200 'different' spares.
You can use van for private use (mileage allowance and taxable)
Expect to spend half the day driving day (30-40,000 miles a year)
Cornwall would be classed as rural and therefore you would be given approximately 5 jobs a day (probably in Somerset and Dorset lol).

They dont have many people leaving except at retirement or when redundancy deals are available.

Tony that was last year, currently engineers are leaving by the bucketload with better firms coming onto the scene and recruiting. Safety is now a major factor at bg after Oxford and you can expect to be treated like **** on a shoe if you make a mistake. It may change though but currently not a job I'd recommend to anyone decent

Nevertheless, there are good promotion opportunities and most of the time considerable overtime available.

I would still recommend it to anyone as a much better bet that the kind of firms providing the Homeserve type of service. I see the way they operate and fix very little.

Also BG staff are trained to wipe their feet even if its not raining!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back