Remeha has rejected my warranty

You got the different specs mixed up.
The good news is that the manual lists flow without flow restrictor , which makes it very hard to uphold the excuse of the shower pump " demanding " too much water.

As an afterthought, somebody claimed Broag refused to honour a blown pcb under warrantee because the system had not been flushed. I also know somebody who was told the pcb fault was due to a faulty flue. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
What an overly complicated piece of crap just to heat water ffs wont be fitting one of these, and people slag off Ideal :unsure:

If you dont want to get the engineer to telephone me then tell Rehmeda that the Heateam engineers diagnosis of the cause of the fault differs from the professional advice you have received and you want them to send a senior engineer to meet with your installer on site.

Tony

If you dont want to get the engineer to telephone me then tell Rehmeda that the Heateam engineers diagnosis of the cause of the fault differs from the professional advice you have received and you want them to send a senior engineer to meet with your installer on site.

Tony

Would love for them to call you.

One thing to note I did get a breakthrough today. Apparently the Field Service Manager is being informed and will determine my fate. They must be more qualified than the engineers right?

Also today would be the day my washer springs a leak. At least it's still under warranty, and they are coming out same day. Go Samsung!

Sponsored Links
They must be more qualified than the engineers right?

He might be just a manager and not an engineer.

What you need is someone with common sense!

Have your installer there if he is someone with good communication skills who fully understands how boilers and showers work.

I would be very upset with a manufacturer who displayed such a lack of understanding of their products.

Of course they dont, its just the engineer was a nupty and you are only talking to junior admin people who have no authority and just have to accept their engineer's report.

Having a clipboard and taking full names shows that you are serious and well organised and greatly increases your chance of solving the problem.

Tony

Well, just got good news! The Field Service Manager has looked over all of my emails, contacted Aqualisa and so far verbally confirmed that my shower unit didn't cause the boiler to fail. Once I get the email through I will print it off and keep next to the boiler for safe keeping in case any other faults arise.

Thank you to everyone who helped me. Took 8 days to get a result, and 8 days without a shower! Just in time for the week end.

Thanks,

Whats the chance that the nupty service engineer will even get spoken to let alone discliplined?

The manager has inadvertently made an admission which would lay them open to giving compensation. I am not suggesting you claim any though, but a free extended warrantee would not go amiss!

This demonstrates just how importent it is for installers to have a line of communication to a more senior person at boiler companies to avoid problems like this. At least Ravenheat do excell at that and give an out of hours mobile number for assistance.

Tony

Out of interest was the field service manager called Neil Cafearo? I used to work at Baxi (Heateam are based at their UK HQ in Warwick) and wondered if he still works there. Prize plonker if so but looks like they've finally done the right thing. Boy I could tell you some things about Heateam.

Thats why we have the CC for you to tell us.

But its inappropriate here.

I seem to remember being asked if I knew anyone who would want to do that kind of job to cover London and the SE.

It sounded like a difficult management job with argumentative engineers, London traffic delays and also having to fix more difficult faults where engineers had messed up or upset a customer.

I dont remember the salary as being enough for such a demanding and frustrating job. Fancy hearing on a Friday at 6 pm that three engineers had started fights with customers when you had a weekend of golf planned?

When Remeha was Broag-Remeha they were a joy to do business with they used independent Service agents and were approachable what a diffrence Heatteam makes!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back