Heateam warning notice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I had a baxi due tech 33he boiler fitted 2yrs 6mnths ago
I have just had a boiler service from heateam and they have given me a warning notice ,for At risk Flue not supported sufficiently in loft ,( i will sort this tonight not a problem ,plus not to current standard the press releif vave ,this has been fitted with a about 18 inch copper pipe ,which goes into a plastic pipe then into the condensation pipe and outside into a drain.where ever ui have searched on line i have seen pictures of this ,,so has my installer done this wrong or is it just the the standards change ,and do i need to change the pipe now ,cheers any advice will be good thanks

Sponsored Links
Flue should be supported, especially if running horizontal or at 45d.

Nothing wrong with prv terminating into a plastic waste/combined condensate, as long as there is a tundish/air gap between the copper and the plastic.

ATAG have this combined prv and condensate as standard design.

Sponsored Links
Atag.. uses a special heat resistant plastic.
Yes if your installer has combined these he has not done it right as per manufacturers instructions

Flues should be supported by a clip every 1.8 metres, in reality if perfectly straight longer than this is not going to move at all unless its an excessive length and something heavy falls on it or leans against it but regs are regs.

Atag.. uses a special heat resistant plastic.
Yes if your installer has combined these he has not done it right as per manufacturers instructions

ATAG comes straight out of boiler straight into a standard tundish and 32mm waste. Nothing special about that.

No different to the OP with his 18" of copper going into the waste.

Depends on what plastic he has used it should be capable of resisting high temperature so not overflow pipe then! ;)

You wouldnt want an internal tundish though, if the D2 effectively, runs into a soil stack, unless there was a trap downstream and I dont think the ATAG allows connection to a soil stack. Baxi certainly doesnt, and its no i.a.w MI's
Who serviced the boiler last year? Was it not picked up then?

Hi I've checked the flue and it's fine really sturdy I've braced it with metal straps so it's going no were it did have a service last year the installer checked it first service free so then took out the extra warranty with baxi I've spoke to the lad who installed it and he said as the heateam bloke as said it is not to current standard it means nothing

you have to understand that these "engineers" have done a course on everything from taking the cover off to turning the hot tap on and seeing if it runs hot, so naturally they get bored, they nit pick at anything that breaks their sad little boring day, if they actually did any work they might understand more,

I forgot to add that I always fit a HEPVo trap in the 32mm if going to a soil stack.

Thanks for the info guys,
Now that the flue is supported more ,do i need to worry about the prv pipe work ,looked on line and seen lots of images that show exactly what my installer has done ,so he his not the only one ,thanks guys

you have to understand that these "engineers" have done a course on everything from taking the cover off to turning the hot tap on and seeing if it runs hot, so naturally they get bored, they nit pick at anything that breaks their sad little boring day, if they actually did any work they might understand more,

What a load of crap if you find problems with an installation surely its your duty to inform customer of these problems and to cover yourself you have to put it in writing! If anything were to happen and he hadnt done this then trust me Heateam would be giving him his P45 :confused:

So speaks Jackpike.......an expert in drivel......

A flue not properly supported is AR ie at risk.....your installer should have fitted it TO regs and MI's no excuses

Same for prv even tho it's ncs

Finally, like all insurances if you give em room to wriggle.....so get it fixed and enjoy the cover

The flue was a baxi one ,it came with all fittings ,installer has fitted to there instructions ie brackets every 1.8 mtr apart ,when i checked it it was solid When i checked the baxi installation manuel on the prv pipe it doesnt state it has to be copper ,just of a material that will withstand up to 100 cent ,the heateam engineer told the wife thatwhen they see the prv done this way they have too ncs,as they usuelly never said anything ,once again thanks for the advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back