Heated ironing boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There are heated ironing boards with vacuum steam extraction The adverts make them look good, has anyone got one, and does it perform as well as described?

Sponsored Links
If you are talking about the type that looks like a great big sandwich toaster, my ex's mum used to rave about hers and demonstrate it when I went round.

Seemed to do the job, although I have to admit I found it difficult to appear interested in it.

Sorry,I didn't see your post.
Do you mean one of these?
XL1711.jpg

About 2yrs ago my wife & I has a play around with it at the Ideal Home Show and found it very good for what it does but felt the iron was bulky and heavy with the awkward thick steam hose.To be fair it may take a bit of getting used to.I would say it's less work as you only have to iron one side.Today model seem to be a lot better than the one we have seen.My wife a curtain maker and know a lot of people in the fabric trade and don't know anyone who've got one,not sure why though.The cost has crashed down which were £800 at the time and believe the average price is now approx £450.I would say your best bet is to pop down to your local library and look at the which's magazine for comments on them.Depend what area you're from The Ideal Home Show start on 11th March to 4th April at Earls Court and they always have 10 to 15 model for you to play around with.

Thanks for that masona. My wife makes curtains too, and she says that too much steam can wreak havoc with assembled curtains, and even more so with some types of fabric, so though I thught this type of board would be useful, it might be useful for shirts and trousers but perhaps not curtains.

I went to a customer this week who does ironing for an income, and she was using a Tefal iron and seperate steamer. Even with it freezing outside the door still had to be open to let the steam out. There was loads of it.

Sponsored Links
oilman said:
My wife makes curtains too, and she says that too much steam can wreak havoc with assembled curtains, and even more so with some types of fabric,
Apparently they do have a adjustable setting for amount of steam for difference fabric,we are going to Ideal Home this month and will asks the question.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back