Heating problem , please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone ,

looking for some advice

Ive got a back boiler set up and last week when i clicked my thermostat on to call for heating the programmer went bang , I have had that replaced with exact same model and still no heating , I have joined the thermostat 2 wires together to eliminate the thermostat and still no heating , When i press the programmer for hot water the boiler fires up and hot water is good but when i call programme for heating the boiler does not fire up , Please help as it my mothers and she needs to be warm , we are in the middle of the country side and getting someone to look at it is a nightmare around here until next week

Sponsored Links
What else does the installation have? is there an airing cupboard with hot water cylinder and are there one or two motorised valves in the airing cupboard. Is the system gravity or pumped?
Photos would help.

Sponsored Links
system is there is a boiler behind gas fire and also a large tank upstairs above the boiler and then a small tank in the attic , cold water i think so i guess its gravity system , there is a pump downstairs near the programmer but i can't see any motorised valves , would they be upstairs on the large tank or possibly in the attic ?

but then the problem is she has no broadband and i can't reply on here until i get miles out of the area she lives, she lives in a remote part of wales and people can hardly find it for anything and thats why its so difficult to get a plumber

has there been any electrical work completed

no , only the programmer going bang, when i switched the thermostat to call for heating the programmer starting clicking really fast and wouldn't stop , i have replaced this with exact same make and model and now it will not call for heating , when i call for hot water on programmer it works and the boiler lights up and hot water is good but boiler will not fire up if i call for heating with the thermostat set high and programmer calling for heat

If you turn both the heating and hot water on at the same time do the radiators get hot?

What fuse protects the electrics to the boiler. Bet it is a 13 Amp fuse.
My money is on the pump and possibly another programmer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back