Heating Stays On!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Having had various problems with my heating system over the years, mainly with the motorised valves, I now have a new problem! My central heating is on staying on, even when the heating or hot water is turned off!

I have an 12 year old Megaflow pressurised system - installed when the house was built.

I replaced a Sunvic motorised valve in 2007, what I want to know is whether this problem is likely to be the other motorised valve (ACL Drayton Lifestyle) or a more serious problem with the boiler?

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
So we know where you live and what type of hot water cylinder you have. But your question is about the boiler, so a key piece of information is missing.

It is likely your problem is a seized motorised valve or a frost thermostat (if you have one).

Apologies!

The boiler is an Ideal Classic - the only reference that I can find on it is FF260.

My money is on the motorised valve, how can I check?

Thanks

With the system isolated from the LX, the grey and orange wires from the motorised valves should be removed and separated.

Whichever motorised valve has continuity between the orange and grey is faulty, when the valves are shut and unpowered.

PS> This assumes that the Sunvic valve you fitted was spring return and not one of their MoMo types.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Having identified that the motorised valve is nearing the end of it's life - the plastic in the actuator has disintegrated - I have managed to do a very temporary fix and I'm now looking for advice of what (and where) to purchase as a replacement.

The valve itself is absolutely fine, I only need to replace the head.

The existing one is an ACL Lifestyle 28mm 2 port valve, 779H335-30L10.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Having identified that the motorised valve is nearing the end of it's life - the plastic in the actuator has disintegrated - I have managed to do a very temporary fix and I'm now looking for advice of what (and where) to purchase as a replacement.

The valve itself is absolutely fine, I only need to replace the head.

The existing one is an ACL Lifestyle 28mm 2 port valve, 779H335-30L10.

Thanks in advance.

Go to http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co.uk/acl-drayton-invensys-za67792-28mm-zone-valve-p-184.html

spraggo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back