Heating Thermostat Wiring Headache!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everybody - please can someone help me!!

I thought it would be easy to swap my old dial thermostat for a new sparkly digital one but I'm struggling.

My old one is a Sunvic TLX 5101 with a Blue Cable in terminal 1, Red Cable in Terminal 2 and a Yellow cable in terminal 8.

The new one is a Homexpert by Honeywell THR870CUK (link to manual below)
http://www.homexpertbyhoneywell.com/Documents/EN Manuals/THR870CUK-EN-d05.pdf

I have done a lot of googling and nothing seems to explain where I should put the wires, most only seem to explain installation with 2 wires and I have 3.

PLEASE can someone help me because I'm about to be defeated by a stupid piece of plastic.

Thank you so very very much
x

Sponsored Links
Are you sure the blue wire went to terminal 1? I was under the impression it went to terminal 2.

Put your yellow wire to terminal B, and the I would NORMALLY say put the red cable to terminal A. The blue wire can then be made electrically safe.

Blue (terminal 2 on your old stat) is normally a Neutral wire and it not needed on your new thermostat. Make sure what that wire is dong before you power up.

Yes you're totally right the blue wire is in Terminal 2 - too many wires and too many back to front diagrams for an amatuer like me!!

So yellow to Terminal B, Red to Terminal A and make blue safe then in that case?

I will try it a little later today and let you know - you may have just made me a very happy lady!!

Sponsored Links
Thank you to everyone for your help, it is up and seems to be working.
I literally could not have done it without you - I'm sorry if my request seemed a little dumb!!!

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back