Heating wont work but water will ?? HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As title, i have a ideal classic boiler with honeywell t6360 thermostat and a honeywell ST699 controller, when i set the heating to constant it doesn't come on, as it doesn't when set to timed, but the light does ?, if i switch the hot water on however then it comes on fine no problems ?

hope someone can help

oh and im new here so hello :)

Sponsored Links
I have a very simliar problem with Ideal Istor. If I set the programmer to auto and put heating on - then I get a small click on programmer but not the normal click but the heating does not come on.

If I set the programmer to auto and put heating and hot water on - then i get normal click and the hot water comes on and when that finishes the heating comes on.

You mentioned motorised valve - is this the diverter valvle?

Sponsored Links
is there a way of testing the thermostat ?, when turning the knoball i get is a click around 15 ?, is this normal

mine clicks if i go below 18 and the pump wont work, it has to be over 18 to circulate the water through the downstairs rads

is there a way of testing the thermostat ?, when turning the knoball i get is a click around 15 ?, is this normal

As the thermostat works on temperature, there is no normal. It appears to be 15 C in your house which is not bad for no heating. If you can be there all day wearing a shirt or maybe a wooly, your stat probably works

ok, well i still cant get the heating to come on ?, any ideas

ps i havce tried a new controller and that didnt cure it

Professionals check a system with an electrical test meter !

Not by blindly changing parts!

Tony

Chances are it's the motorised valve.

Agile said that, so why don't you believe him?
:rolleyes:

Chances are it's the motorised valve.

Agile said that, so why don't you believe him?
:rolleyes:
i didnt say i didnt believe him, he just wrote it with a ?, & i thought he was asking if my system had a motorised valve ?? so i wasnt sure (im no plumber so would not have a clue, hence why im asking here)

Professionals check a system with an electrical test meter !

Not by blindly changing parts!

Tony

whose blindly changing parts ?, when helping a neighbour change kitchens i was given there old unit (exactly same as mine) so i tried that on, it did after all just clip on and only took me 1 minute to change it so wasnt a massive job after all

Ps thanks to everyone for there help

anyone ?, is there a way of overriding the motorised valve, i would change the valve but its right behind the boiler and no accessible at all !!!

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back