Heating wont work but water will ?? HELP

Depending on the make there is usually a lever at the side which can be used to manually open the valve and a slot to rest the lever into when its opened.

Depending on the fault, doing that does NOT usually operate the switch to bring on the boiler!

Tony

PS "Diverter valve ?" was meant to mean that it sounds likely to be a failed diverter valve ! Next time I will write "failed diverter valve?" !

Sponsored Links
hi, thx, sorry for the misunderstanding, i really dont know anything about plumbing so im a little confused, i just want as much info as i can before i call in a plumber as i dont want to be ripped off

ps is the diverter valve the same as the 3 port valve ?

i have what appears to be this one

HONEYWELL-V4073.jpg

Depending on the make there is usually a lever at the side which can be used to manually open the valve and a slot to rest the lever into when its opened.

Depending on the fault, doing that does NOT usually operate the switch to bring on the boiler!

Tony

PS "Diverter valve ?" was meant to mean that it sounds likely to be a failed diverter valve ! Next time I will write "failed diverter valve?" !

ok found the lever and pulled it into manual, when i do so the heating clicks on and the room thermostat now works as usual , but the switch keeps wanting to move back, and even when clicking it into locked position it doesn't go back far enough to keep the heating on, so does this mean a whole new valve ?

thx for the help :)

Probably just the motor failed.

A fiddly but easy job for a capable person who is competent.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Probably just the motor failed.

A fiddly but easy job for a capable person who is competent.

Tony

yeh, very fiddly as when it was built they made it near impossible to get too !!!, where will the model number be on the unit ?

anyone recommend a good plumber in the Nottingham region ?

I see you are now getting somewhere!

Apart from removing the head there's only five wires to replace.
(white grey orange blue green/yellow) in the terminal box
Do make sure the fuse is removed. Just switching off HW and CH at the programmer still leaves the grey wire live.
If access to the terminal box is easy, it's a half hour job.
A electrician would be just as good as a plumber
:rolleyes:

thats the thing, the part is very hard to get too !!, does anyone know if theres a fitting guide somewhere ?

thx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back