Heating

Nothing abusive about my post. Your reg number is not recognised as valid, and you are clueless about central heating; you might not like to hear that, but both are facts.

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: Eh, reg numbers seem ok to me, with name similar to one used on here.

OP, did you try cutting out the tee where the cold feed taps into the primary return? One of the worst areas for sludging up. Also have you checked for gate valves which may have 'dropped' or seized shut? Pump valves? Where are the feed and vent connections in relation to the rest of the system? Alex

Sponsored Links
ben your replies aren't abusive just unhelpful and disrespectful, sad really.

Who taught you? or were you born with a intricate knowledge of central heating systems? it just comes naturally to you does it?

Hi Alex, Ive checked the pump valves and they are clear.

There were two gate valves under a kitchen cupboard next to the boiler on the f/r, I've taken them out.

The feed and vent go into the gravity primaries in the a/c on the cylinder upstairs. There is no feed and vent on the c/h that I can see and in looking into the details of this system there isn't supposed to be? just a feed and vent on the gravity primaries I understand?

if you've powerflushed it surely during that process you would have been able to establish where the worst flow issues were.

Ok I'm sorry, I thought you said £1000 had been charged :oops: , and fair enough you told him, more fool him, you'd think after spending that amount mod money he'd just get a fixed price repair from one of the big boys

Also a learning curve for yourself not to get involved in some things, just not worth it, as said once in CC people will be happy to help I'm sure

A lot of us don't like giving out info on open forums as we never know if we're dealing with cowboys, chancers, short course muppets or just customers who don't want to pay

As you will know it costs a lot for us to run legitimately, so can't give free info out, but if you're one of the brethren fair enough see you in the CC happy,to help

You can also answer the thread that has been created about you ;)

When it was flushed, I followed the instructions and had the boiler on to heat the water to roughly 50oc so the chemicals work best.
I found that as i did each rad they all got nice and hot, it did seem to clear some muck out of the system, then while all the rads were open the whole system was hot and i thought that it was fixed.
Then I took the flushing machine out of the system refitted the pump and, nothing? no circulation at all.

Hi Ollie, thanks for the reply. So your all talking about me now? will be interesting to see! once I'm in this cc i'll be sure to post this problem and all the issues some people have with me and my clueless ways, Its all a learning curve, never stop learning in this job, sometimes though you need the help of other more experienced engineers.

I'm still none the wiser about these 3 basics I've missed though

I have emailed admin so will wait to see what they say, cheers.

When it was flushed, I followed the instructions and had the boiler on to heat the water to roughly 50oc so the chemicals work best.
I found that as i did each rad they all got nice and hot, it did seem to clear some muck out of the system, then while all the rads were open the whole system was hot and i thought that it was fixed.
Then I took the flushing machine out of the system refitted the pump and, nothing? no circulation at all.

Was you flushing in the same direction as the pump is now pumping? Presuming you had the feed and vent capped and the hot water circuit isolated? where are the feed and vent connected to the current system?

Hi steve, no n/r valve fitted that I can see, the pipes come out of the boiler, down and then set into the screed so I assume there wont be one in the floor but to find out if there is it means taking up the timber floors up and digging the screed up a bit to expose the pipe work, again this could be a waste of more money if there's nothing there.

Hi steve, no n/r valve fitted that I can see, the pipes come out of the boiler, down and then set into the screed so I assume there wont be one in the floor but to find out if there is it means taking up the timber floors up and digging the screed up a bit to expose the pipe work, again this could be a waste of more money if there's nothing there.

If there is one fitted it should be on the pipework next to the boiler or maybe in the boiler casing.

Sponsored Links
Back