Heating

It doesn't have to go in the closed forum, but there are guys in the C.C. That don't bother with the rest of the forums who know their s**t, and they won't help on an open forum or don't go on them, as the op is a qualified professional he can get the help he requires there from people he knows a qualified professionals, without joe public pitting their useless 2 penneths worth in

Sparks should get their own forum aswell I reckon, then you can also what little gems you want to keep as trade secrets ;)

Ah so you lot are running a closed shop. I understand.

We don't need a private forum. We've got nothing to hide. We are all nice people and like to share our knowledge.

I think sparkies should be allowed in the CC so we can teach them how to wire boilers. ;)

You mean so we can teach you plumbers how to wire them ;)

I started wiring my own systems simply because I got fed up with the look on a sparks face when you ask him if he wants to do a system, they break out in a sweat and start trembling.

I had one spend two hours trying to work out how to do a wireless stat, in the end I worked it out for him, the cheeky monkey still wanted £150
Been doing my own for a year now, no looking back.

He doesn't sound like an electrician. Maybe you just chose a wrong 'un? I'm yet to find a plumber who can actually wire a heating system properly which fully complies with wiring regs.

Sponsored Links
You may be one of the few that can do central heating, and that being the case your talents are obviously wasted being a spark, you should go back to college and give yourself a promotion, become an engineer :p

A sparky mate of mine can do lighting circuits and everything, I didn't even have to draw him a diagram :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ahh pyro I was teasing :p

I would love to learn to do sparking properly.

To be honest, learning to wire different systems kept me interested in what was otherwise another boring day

Sponsored Links
sparks are good at their job's and know their regulation's ( as us gas guys do), hence the reason some of the stuff that is "trade related" shouldn't be divulged to the uneducated that are clearly not competent.

I have came accross many spark's that cannot wire a heating system though (basic y or s plan) let alone something complicated.
I know one who insist's i guide him through it but i am not allowed to touch, to be honest it is faster me to tell him and supervise than it is for me to do it.

some nice people commenting in this thread, i can see i'm gonna have fun here, OP i wouldn't take any notice of the haters or the closed shop bit, i'm new here & i am sure i'm gonna get some grief, oh btw the be nice nice to newbi's really doesn't apply to me (although i am new here & no i haven't been here before under a different name) so feel free to say what you want

CBF what's your trade? Welcome along friend , hope you enjoy it here , sorry if my grammar ain't up to much and you can't understand me, im time served :LOL:

CBF what's your trade? Welcome along friend , hope you enjoy it here , sorry if my grammar ain't up to much and you can't understand me, im time served :LOL:

hi OLLIE thank you for the welcome, your grammar is just fine

Sponsored Links
Back