heatline boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anyone help.

I have had my boiler now for over three year with no problems, all of a sudden there is no hot water or heat going to the rads.
no lights on the display are showing apart from the on power light.
I have noticed a slight leak from the cold water supply which i assume is effecting the pressure gague (which is working fine), but would this cause the boiler to no longer heat the water?

Sorry if this is vague but any help would be appreciated...

Sponsored Links
not sure what model it is, i only know its heatline, it was already installed when i moved into the house and has no instruction manual.

It has a timer on the left, followed by three dials in the centre, one for the ch temp the other for the water temp and then the third dial for selecting water on its own, ch and water, or neither.
Then on the right is the pressure gauge.

There are lights above the dials in the centre showing various problems (non of which are lit).
And above them are the temp lights again non of which are lit.

Any ideas??

If it gives CH but not DHW then the diverter valve is failed.

Of course I assume the pressure is about 1.5 Bar !

Tony

Sponsored Links
not checked for ch yet, but dont think it works.

Once i noticed the hot water was off and there was a slight leak i turned the boiler off at the mains, left it off for a few days then tested it again.
How long would it take for the boiler to heat water up after switching it off?

When i switched the boiler back on the pressure was low so i topped it up (between 1.5-2bar) left it running, after about ten mins there was no hot water but the pressure did drop.

There is a slight leak from the cold water valve, which i think is causing the pressure to drop is this right?

Just in work at the mo, but will have a look for a restart switch when i get back.

Thanks to all for the advice...

right, the model would help.... :rolleyes:

follow the link below and see if one of them is your boiler

http://www.heatline.co.uk/combination.php

if you getting the green power light but no red flashing ones. my gut feeling is the pcb but you need a engineer to do some checks. you never know and you could have a faulty clock and hot water flow sensor tho very unlikey to have both the some fault at the same time

if it is not one of the above boiler from the link then it could be the old star 24 model

edit: you muct of posted just before i did, please check that you have or have not got heating. no point of just guessing :rolleyes:

you muct of posted just before i did, please check that you have or have not got heating. no point of just guessing :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link and reply.

Its the compact model.

All that is showing is the power light.
I will test later to see if ch works, how long would it take before the warmth came through to the rads?

Is the pcb expensive to fix?

sorry for so many question but as you can tell i know "0" about boilers, would just like to get an idea of what the problem is if i do need to call someone out.

Thanks

Thanks for the link and reply.

Its the compact model.

All that is showing is the power light.
I will test later to see if ch works, how long would it take before the warmth came through to the rads?

Is the pcb expensive to fix?

sorry for so many question but as you can tell i know "0" about boilers, would just like to get an idea of what the problem is if i do need to call someone out.

Thanks

the PCB is expensive :LOL: you would hear the boiler firing and would see the flame through the little window. having no hot water but the heating working has a very different range of faults then the heating and hot water not work. as the pcb is not cheap i would make sure the engineer was 100% sure he has got the fault nailed down as it is a non returnable part.

if you struggle to get a engineer i would phone heat line directly for help

Thanks to all who posted, i have had an engineer look at the boiler said there is a fault with the timer and that another part in the back, possibly a valve needs changing.

He has managed to get warm/cold water coming out and ch seems to be working, which will suffice for the time being.

Once again thanks for your responses.

Brendan

Hi,
We have just moved into a house with a heatline combi boiler not sure what actual heatline boiler it is. We had no hot water and then a couple of days later the heating wouldnt come on either,no flame in boiler. British gas come out,changed circuit board still didnt work and then they changed two sensors yesterday and was ok last night apart from i noticed when running a bath for my daughter the hot water doesnt actually get that hot and didnt need to put any cold water in the bath (not right surely). This morning the hot water isnt still quite right,water got warm and then went cold again. Anybody know what else it could be?
Thanks

I know it is a 7 year old thread but its what come up after searching for 'heatline boiler faults' and i didnt know how to start a new thread.....sorry!!
Yes i have had a combi boiler before.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back