Heatline Boilers Good or Bad

The cheapness I was referring to was more about combi boilers in general rather than the brand (which is one of the lower priced).

The prices suggested by some on here for combi and full CH system are less in actual £'s (let alone allowing for inflation) than firms I worked for in the late 70's were quoting. That said if you're expectation is for a longevity of 5-6 years, trouble free, then that is more than reasonable even at combi prices.

Sponsored Links
Rather alarmed at some of these comments.

I just had a Heatline C28 installed, basically an emergency replacement when my old boiler packed up. Used a local fitter (Corgi) whom I'd used once before and seemed ok. I asked about Vaillant, and he said he thought they were over-priced. The Heatline was his recommendation.

It's my own house, I'm not a landlord, so I care whether it works properly and stays reliable. It's been fine so far (er, 2 days...) and a huge improvement on the old one.

Anything I should be concerned about - any likely faults or other problems?

i thought glow worm had bought vaillant and now heatline.top, middle and bottom lines in the market.someones got their head screwed on.

Don’t worry about your boiler, most of the comments about heat-lines are aimed against the version sold in b&q. 90% of problems are due to poor installs. The c28 (name has now changed to Capriz) will be fine as long it is been installed well on a clean system with good controls.

Sponsored Links
newt wrong with the ones sold at B&Q. wouldnt be surprised if installed and serviced correctly , they will last as long if not longer than some of the big names out there.

newt wrong with the ones sold at B&Q. wouldnt be surprised if installed and serviced correctly , they will last as long if not longer than some of the big names out there.

i agree :LOL: but they do tend to get installed cheaply

thats not the boilers fault , yet everyone slags them off.ive fitted about three of the vizos in the past 2 to 4 years and never had a problem.to be honest i would say quite a lot has been fitted and probably not properly , but i aint heard much of breakdowns on them.

i have fitted vizo's and the A rated heatline boiler called solaris

That's a bit more encouraging.

Mehran, what do you mean "...on a clean system with good controls" ?

Thanks for your help.

He means if the syustem is power flushed and treated with chemicals then the boiler is likely to be just as reliable as a Vaillant!

But the Vizo is £399 in B&Q and nobody will pay us over twice that to fit one properly.

I think the Solaris is a well designed and easy to work on boiler and I only wish I could get called to repair some.

I dont know how many they have sold but so far I have never repaired one. Nor for that matter have I ever been called to any other Heatline boiler as far as I can recall. But I know that all faults will be as a result of dirty system water and not a REAL fault!

Tony

A clean system is one where they are not a load of crap kicking about. Dirt will block your dhw heat exchanger, foul the pin on the diverter valve and make it leak which in turn shorts the diverter motor it also can lead to a early death on your pump

Good controls is tvr's on your bed rooms rads and a room stat as well( as a minimum), this boiler can be range rated for central heating, if you can set up the boiler to better match your central heating load it will make your boilers life easier and help save on gas

Understood, thanks for that.

Next question.
Boiler is in the loft, the gas meter is in the cellar. To get the gas feed from meter to boiler, they have run a copper pipe (22mm, I think) through the wall to the exterior of the house. It exits the wall at about three feet off ground level, goes vertically up the wall (gable end) to a couple of feet beneath the eaves, turns a right angle and then goes horizontally across the wall to the point where it re-enters at loft height to meet the boiler.

Is it normal to run a mains gas feed-pipe across an exterior wall? It looks odd to say the least, and also vulnerable. The gable wall is not on my property, it forms one side of a passage about eight feet wide running between my house and the neighbouring one. The passage belongs to the neighbour, and he only has to be a bit careless with his wheelie-bin and we could have fractured mains gas pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back