heatline pcb micro fuses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler installed 6 years ago (Not by me) No service history indeed commissioning notes service history awol not available.
Problem... no dhw, no ch. Diagnosed traced fault on electrics notwithstanding fact that swfcu was dangerous! :eek: The result of a kitchen fitters attempts to wire in an extractor. swfcu supplying rf stat/prog and boiler. Operating lights on facure were a OK. Did continuity test on small fuses on pcb..... nowt... sweet FA! replaced.... boiler ran for 25 minutes on both ch and dhw modes then shut down again :confused: Again replaced small fuses on pcb ..... everything a OK overnight and well into next day... then (yeah u guessed it!)
fuses blew again! Double checked all electrics... fine! Wasn't sure what the issue was but advised customer that it may be a fault on the pcb! As I wasn't 100% sure I got a costing for a replacement ... just in case and advised accordingly but as I wasn't 100% sure I advised them that they ought to consult Heatline or my mate who knows more about these "things" than me.
:eek: :eek: They didn't take my advice but instead went and got a new pcb and got sum other bloke to fit it and.... yeah!!!! guess what? still didnt work!?

:?: what do you folks think the prob may be? Just for my own gratification and sense of needing closure on this issue?

Oh, in the end they the customer then asked for a quote for replacing the boiler, which I did based on a glow-worm. Initial gas safe testing and certification and issuance of gscc/landlord cert. to be carried out by my mate.

Just for my satisfaction asked them what they wanted the other day and they said that some1 else was going to replace the whole boiler, the same bloke they paid to replace the pcb against my advice, notwithstanding the fact that the pcb was non-returnable and cost them £196.00 Wonder if the "other bloke" was gs reg'd???? Oh, yeah, and did they get a landlord cert for their tenant who went without dhw/ch for more than a week??? :eek:

Sponsored Links
So one cheap boiler gets replaced with another cheap boiler,javascript:emoticon(':oops:') it would be a prob trying to isolate fault, you would need to have boiler running and know what it was doing when the fuse blows. It is something switching from one mode to another, I presume it is heatline combi, not compact? shame they didn't listen to you.

Yeah heatline combi. Suffice to say that they are now firmly on my **** list and I wont even bother answering the phone if they call me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back