Heatline S24/s30 pressure off the scale (but it still works!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a problem with heatline boiler (s24/s30 is the model numbers on the manual)

The manual is in some form of english which I obviously did not learn at school (!) and i hope you can help me on this freezing cold day...

It fires up and works ok, but i get a few red warning lights and the pressure get to 4 and over.... thats when i turn it off ! (it sometimes settles back between 3.5 and 4)

I have tried bleeding the radiators to see if that will lower the pressure but it didnt work...

any advice?

I look forward to some warmth with the help of your advice!

Sponsored Links
1 turn the filling loop off and disconnect it

2 get the pressure down to 1 cold by either bleeding rads or draining some water

3 stop using it as the prv is stuck

4 you don't speak english in the west midlands

5 you will be warm in A&E when it goes BANG

:rolleyes:

Could be that your filling loop is either open or at least partially open causing the over-pressurisation.
The pressure relief valve may still be working, have a look on the outside wall and see if there is any sign of water escaping the building somewhere near your boiler.
The pressure relief valve will be in need of replacement as they are not normally a lot of use one they have been triggered, they get dirt on the seating, and no longer seal.
while your at it check or get someone to check your expansion vessel, it may need replacing or just re-filling with air.
Good luck with this one. SmithyXL.

Is it just me or does Kevplumb really get on your tits

the PVR on heat-lines are set to 3.5 bar.

so could very well be working but just not emptying out the pressure quickly enough with a filling loop left on

Sponsored Links
Could be that your filling loop is either open or at least partially open causing the over-pressurisation.
The pressure relief valve may still be working, have a look on the outside wall and see if there is any sign of water escaping the building somewhere near your boiler.
The pressure relief valve will be in need of replacement as they are not normally a lot of use one they have been triggered, they get dirt on the seating, and no longer seal.
while your at it check or get someone to check your expansion vessel, it may need replacing or just re-filling with air.
Good luck with this one. SmithyXL.

Is it just me or does Kevplumb really get on your ****

na not just you :LOL: :LOL: ;)

just to add i have never done a warranty job on a heatline that had a leaking so the ideal must work.

wow... thanks for all the replies ! you guys really are quick and helpful !

Tried the suggestons but it seems some water is leaking out the water input valve as Smithy rightly diagnosed... so its time to call in a professional !

If you have any suggestions on god plubers in the West Bromwich area please let me know (I want to give somethig back to this board) otherwise its yellow pages!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back