New Heatline Boiler - CH Perfect but no DWH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening folks, some advice needed.

I had a new Heatline boiler hung a couple of months ago and all pipework ran in underfloor but we couldn't hang the rads and fire it up because walls weren't formed etc (doing a full renovation on a flat)

Anyways finally got all the radiators hung and connected up today and filled the system, switched on the gas and fired the boiler. The central heating is working a treat with no issues at all but there is no DWH at all at any of the taps and no reaction from the boiler at all when water is requested.

Assuming the hot water pipes are connected properly is there anything obvious I should look for at the boiler. Had a look at the manual and it mentions a filter on the inlet side of the block.

Its a Heatline S24 boiler.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Are you quite sure the cold/hot water supplies have not been crossed over???

What about calling back the CORGI registered installer?

Tony

Cold supply definately on correct side so for now can only assume hot is too without lifting boards etc

Won't be able to get hold of the chap until Monday

Was just wondering if there was something really obvious (to those in the know) that I was missing, maybe inside the boiler itself that you have to do when firing it up for the first time.

I have been told categorically that a boiler was piped up correctly by an experienced installer and yet when I go I find its wrong! That costs him £84.

Tony

Sponsored Links
OK sorted that problem today but unearthed another

Basically DWH is luke warm at best, regardless of what temperature you set it on. If you hold your hand under the tap for long enough you will feel he odd burst of really hot water but for the most part its look warm. Also the boiler will be showing a temp of 50c until water is requested when it drops to 30c

Any ideas, stumped by this one :confused:

So what sorted the other problem?

Was this boiler really commisioned by a registered installer?

What is the diameter and lenght of the gas pipe from the boiler to the meter?

Perhaps not enough gas but I am really looking forward to find out why there was no DHW.

Of course if there was DHW but it was cold then thats crossed pipes but if there was no DHW water flow at all then thats transit plugs left in place.

Tony

Lets just say the valve 'might' still have been shut :LOL:

Going round to test tonight to see if the pipes are crossed, failing that the sensor might be knacked (according to Heatline tech helpline)

Gas line is fine, had it checked by a Gas Engineer after we fired the boiler up (first time the Gas has been on since I bought the flat). The run to the boiler isn't far and its 22mm copper

OK I'm now certain that the pipes aren't crossed. 99% sure the cold is on the correct side into the boiler and the pipe on the other side is the hot line out. I can't think of any way they could be crossed under the floor at a later stage :confused:

Bit the bullet and got the boiler checked by a gas engineer as I'm getting no consistency with the hot water.

He spent a bit of time checking it but couldn't find anything wrong with the boiler or the installation.

All he could offer as to my hot water concerns was that basically the boiler isn't capable of meeting the demands I was putting on it. ie by opening a tap too far the flow rate isn't high enough. Therefore by turning the tap down it increased temperature for a while until you reached the cold side.

Another concern is the shower, which is run from the boiler, there is a lack of hot water to have a decent shower.

Is it possible for a combi boiler to be manufactured that cannot cope with the demands of a shower?

Unfortunately you have never told us the model number of your boiler.

Can you measure the flow rate of this shower in litres per minute.

I can then tell you what you can expect from the boiler.

Tony

Sorry read your post wrongly.

Boiler puts out 10 litres per minute, no idea about the shower :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back