heatline s30

To elaborate on what Tony has said.

You need a full service to the boiler, this involves removing and cleaning the burner.

Consider a BG technicians role, he/she visits sveral boilers in one day and each may be of a different manufacturer or model. He/she cant possibly know all these boilers so, he/she gets out the laptop and follows basic dianostics, now due to the time limits pushed upon him/her will restrict the depth they might go to diagnose faults.
By the way Im not BG Iam independent.

What you have is a dirty burner, once cleaned all will be well.
With all the parts thrown at it you have a nearly new boiler to boot.

Sponsored Links

You need a full service to the boiler, this involves removing and cleaning the burner.

Consider a BG technicians role, he/she visits sveral boilers in one day and each may be of a different manufacturer or model. He/she cant possibly know all these boilers so, he/she gets out the laptop and follows basic dianostics, now due to the time limits pushed upon him/her will restrict the depth they might go to diagnose faults.

we've had the boiler serviced since we moved in so july time - i was just thinking about time they are 'allowed' to spend at each job but i reckon it is the burners

we've had the boiler serviced since we moved in so july time - i was just thinking about time they are 'allowed' to spend at each job but i reckon it is the burners

BG don't "service" boilers anymore they do a "safety check"/emissions test. Bit like Kwick Fits free safety checks on cars-worthless. If you want a proper service call in someone else.

BG don't "service" boilers anymore they do a "safety check"/emissions test. Bit like Kwick Fits free safety checks on cars-worthless. If you want a proper service call in someone else.

we had a corgi registered plumber in to service boiler - he also changed the gas supply pipe to the bolier because it was a 15mm pipe not a 22mm or whatever it is like it should of been - i'm thinking that mr bodgit and scarper installed it in first place incorrectly and not as it should of been ( we have no thermostat on wall ) resulting in us 4 years later buying house with dodgy boiler :eek:

Sponsored Links
I thought they had an ignition gas pressure setting on the PCB? Pot 3 ?

Cross lighting has been a problem on the 28/30 kw models of several different makes of boilers.

However, as this has suddenly started then its unlikely to be specifically as a result of no flue restrictor or cross lighting strip.

Tony

You are almost correct Tony!! According to the Manf inst there is a pot for
ignition BP... number 4 though!! :D

Pot 3 is for the CH range rating.

According to the MI's pot 4 is factory set and it does not actually give a valve to set it to??

After reading the MI's I would be checking ignition burner pressure, and adjusting it up a bit along with checking for dirt in the burner and injectors.

The Min Burner pressure should also be set to about 1.7mbar. any lower and this could be the problem.

The s series needed a cross lighting strip to be fitted on the burner, get the BG person to check for this, and also the ignition settings on the pcb.

can you explain a bit more about the cross lighting strip, is it a modification to the boiler burners ?

The s series needed a cross lighting strip to be fitted on the burner, get the BG person to check for this, and also the ignition settings on the pcb.

can you explain a bit more about the cross lighting strip, is it a modification to the boiler burners ?

well bob the bg man came today he looked at burners they're all clean and clear but there was a silver mirrory thing ( wonder if its the cross lighting thingie ) at the back of the burners which wasn't located properly he clicked it into place and the boiler has now been running for over 3 hours without cutting out fingers crossed :)

ok...

first of make sure the min and max burner pressures have been correctly set then
make sure pot 4 is set to 4 o'clock position.

then i would look through the little window and if you see it not light correctly eg not all the burner ribbons are alight.

if found to not be lighting correctly, i would check to see if a flue restricter has been fitted(one has to be fitted if flue length is under a 1 meter). if one is there try taking it out to see if it makes any differences (you never know :LOL: )

then take burner out check injectors and fit a cross lighting strip. the strip looks like this:

or get bg to get a heatline service agent to have a look

ok...

first of make sure the min and max burner pressures have been correctly set then
make sure pot 4 is set to 4 o'clock position.

then i would look through the little window and if you see it not light correctly eg not all the burner ribbons are alight.

if found to not be lighting correnty, i would check to see if a flue restricter has been fitted(one has to be fitted if flue lenth is under a 1 meter). if one is there try taking it out to see if it makes any diffrents (you never know)

then take burner out check injectors and fit a cross lighting strip. the strip looks like this:

or get bg to get a heatline service agent to have a look

should this be at back of burners ? bob is soming back in the week because he says the gasket around the front cover is damaged - hes not sure if he can re order gasket or if he'll have to order a new front cover i'll let him read what you've written - thanks p.s i sat on phone for over an hour on hold for heatline technicla help - next day for 45 mins to be told i'll put you through to an engineer - then he cut me off tsk - joke is we're in bedford bg charge £125 plus 2 quid a month which covers all parts and labour - heatline charge £255 parts and labour except heat exchanger and summit else can't remember what tho :confused:

Yes the cross lighting strip fits on the back of the burner, and yes you can get the seals for the cover separately.

So how many engineers and visits did it take them to notice the cross lighting strip was incorectly positioned? :rolleyes:

ok penfold like everything else in our lives its all about timing and gauranteed your boiler is gonna knacker up in winter or around the xmas period like ours did unfortunately,so with the high demand for engineers and them working long hours they miss stuff and then its down to trial n error my wife is not sayin that was the def problem as we don't know for sure that it is fixed but until we do plz refrain from the sarky comments as the bg engineers do work hard ok!!!!!!!

ps,and as for the other parts replaced they was all diagnosed from this forum so not all bg,thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back