Heatrae Megaflo DD210 Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
i have a megaflo DD210 direct cylinder, i think that one of the immersion elements has packed in, about 8 years old, i have 2 switches on the wall with red neon lights with each element connected to them, the switch for the lower one is not lighting up and when you touch the cover on the element it is cold..... anyone with any experience on this please.... :confused:

thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you have storage heaters and are they working?
Have you checked the fusebox for any blown fuses?

storage heaters are working fine, the hot water is working also but not as it should, have checked the fusebox all seems ok.

If its working on Economy 7, the bottom immersion wont come on until 01.00hrs tomorrow. I think you need to check there is power at the immersion during the off peak hours before condemning the immersion.

Sponsored Links
Check the overheat hasn't tripped on the stat, it's a little button on the right hand side of the dial marked 1 to 5 which will push in with an audible click if it has tripped. Although that would't affect the neon on the fused spur, check the output from the spur as it may be faulty.

Do as Hugh Jaleak says,
and if you are getting power ok during off peak times, test the resistance across the immersion element pins - between 18 and 20 ohms is a fairly good indication element is ok - below this and element is either shot or on way out soon.

If element tests ok then look at replacing safety stat.

regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back