Heatrae Sadia Electric boiler no hot water to taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I had a new electric boiler and tank fitted 3 months ago as well as a Honeywell thermostat all went well, but now the tenant has reported no hot water from the taps or shower which he is obviously peed off about! He has heating just no hot water, he says he has not touched anything and the thermostat is on manual like it was left. The installers can’t deal with it till Next week after they have spoken to the manufacturer so is there an easy fix that I can do? I’ve read it may just need resetting but how? Turn it off and on? It can’t be that bad surely as it’s all brand new!!

Attachments

• 15A21EBE-2C06-4797-86D9-531806EC5D47.jpeg
    15A21EBE-2C06-4797-86D9-531806EC5D47.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 342
  • A07B84ED-BA87-4500-B1C0-44340E07563E.jpeg
    A07B84ED-BA87-4500-B1C0-44340E07563E.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 315
Sponsored Links
It's difficult to tell from your photos but is the boiler actually connected to the water cylinder? Unlike gas or oil boilers, sometimes with electric heating a separate electric immersion heater is used to heat the hot water in which case, it has no connection to the boiler.

If it's the device that I think it is, the photo of the programmable thermostat you have posted only controls central heating. If the boiler is connected to the hot water cylinder, there will be another controller for that somewhere else.

Not sure if the boiler is connected to the tank but I definitely only have the one controller. The water is connected to Economy 7 if that helps. And I have 2 Emerson’s, one back up and one on economy 7. I also have water fed radiators. And a normal shower (Not electric) heating is fine but no hot water from taps or shower.

Sponsored Links
Immersion heaters are separate from the boiler. They are called 'immersion heaters' because they are immersed inside the hot water cylinder and heat it up like a giant electric kettle. They have no connection to the boiler and are independent from it. They can be wired such that they come on and heat the hot water cylinder only when the night time cheaper rate electricity (Economy 7) is available. But there is usually a boost facility somewhere too for a day time top up.

There will be wires from the immersion heaters to some sort of switch or timer, that would be a good place to look.

If the tenant is only turning the 'off peak' immersion on during the day, outside of the off peak times. Then it won't heat the water.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back