Heatslave 12/18 odd hot water behaviour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Recently had an issue with my heatslave 12/18 where it couldn’t come out of lockout. It turned out to be a photo sensor that had deteriorated and a burner nozzle which was completely coked up.

since then the hot water supply has been changeable with showers suddenly cooling off to cold mains temperatures - I put this down to a couple of especially cold mornings however at the weekend when using the hot water tap the pipes started shaking violently and water spluttered out.
Now the hot water tap works but with about half the pressure it used to have. Tap is very light compared to the old water tap and the temperature fluctuates quite a bit.

I’ve read that the nozzle may have been changed for a smaller one. But that’s as far as I’ve got. I’m not sure it explains the really low hot water pressure.

many thanks

Sponsored Links
The change of components on the burner will have no effect on the hot water pressure. Have you also changed the hot water tap?

Hi Oilhead
Thanks for the response.

No change in any equipment outside of the boiler. I’m wondering if it’s the stopcock as that was turned off when working on the boiler although that’s only a three years old. Perhaps it’s got stuck partially open.

I can’t change it without cutting the water to 3 other properties so it’s an early hours of the morning job.

Sponsored Links
is your cold water pressure still good? If the problem is only on the hot, is it on all taps? If so, check the supply to the boiler and through the boiler. You may have a blocked filter.
I would look at installing a stop cock in your house where the mains comes in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back