Heatslave 15/19 blowing fuse on main board.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Called at a job today-the 3 amp fuse on main board had blown,replaced fuse,turned on boiler-motor ran for a minute or so then stopped.turned heating on-fuse blew.
2nd attempt-removed control box motor ran then stopped as b4,selected heating on,fuse did not blow,water pump come on and wall stat was working as this cut pump off.
So im thinking either new control box needed or new main board,asking on here on the off chance somebody else has come across same problem and if they had to replace the board or the control box to sort problem out,also got control box at home with me-any tests you can do with a meter on it??

Sponsored Links
Where is the pump/motor valves connected???

Faulty pump is the most common cause of overloads.

Doesn't your employer have anyone you can call on for help if you are stuck???

Tony

Job was after 5 so everybody had gone home/turned phones off.Pump itself is located inside the boiler,but pump ran ok and didnt blow fuse when control box was removed-looks like a case of just swapping out parts till it no longer blows today.

I had same problem with heatslave last week,the boiler was only 4mts old so i called worcester on warranty.
Wish i had time to be there so i would have known what it was :)

You could ring tech help
or disconnect pump and try
did you sa it works through sycle on hot water? if so you can rule out
solinoid, motor and ignition

how about the built in programmer?

As for testing i have a friend kevin who tests and repairs contol box
but he's in stansted abbots nr harlow

if your close i can give you his number your control box will be a sitronic

if you get it sorted let me know the out come or i could ring my customer and find out what was replaced :?:

Sponsored Links
Turned out it was the transformer-didnt have chance to disconnect that and test last night as id ran out of fuses!Had a few faulty ones in the past where boiler goes to lockout-first time ive had one which blows fuses.

Check main fuse and make sure it is not bigger than 5a, several times I have come across this on heatslaves, if it is fitted with a 13a it can damage the satronic 832 box when the danfoss EBI burns out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back