heatslave high limit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys another oil problem
had a burner keep locking out,gave it a good clean up and new nozzle
client said it was great had no further calls
bumped into him today and he said keeps locking out on high limit (over heat stat)
only thing i can think of is when checking pump pressure-it was very very low-maybe altering pressure to get good set up readings-have i increased flame lenght to be overheating jacket
or just a coinsidence
so why was the pump pressure so low in the 1st place

Sponsored Links
just a couple of things missed off the last entry

the boiler has only been in hot water mode
the heating pump was checked
and the boiler was vented by all manual air vents
cheers guys

Its not a good idea just to increase the pump pressure without a gauge attached as there's a good chance that the boiler is over firing now which will eventually destroy the baffles and cause other nasties too. Also a flue gas analysis is needed after adjustments are made.
If the pump pressure was low, maybe its just getting on a bit - but there's no need to replace it if it can achieive the required fuel pressure - all filters being clean, of course!
John :)

cheers burnerman
i've set psi to manufactures instruction-using a gauge-thats how i knew psi was set too low in first place
analyser was showing all correct readings
maybe a coincidence on stat-
seen client today - and said all was fine - i will play this one by ear and recheck shortly
thanks for your help & advice

Sponsored Links
Turn down the Hot Water (Store) stat a notch, that will give the boiler a chance no to trip on O/H when running hot water ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back