Heavy Duty Fixing To Wall - Recommendations?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I Have to fix a 6m length of 225x75mm timber to wall (with timber - timber hangers), as a plate to carry a large, heavy floor.

The wall is 100mm concrete block (terolene finish - it used to be external wall).

I was thinking of threaded bar and resin fixing due to thickness of timber, but thought I'd pick the brains on here first in case anyone knew of anything better?

Cheers, Paul.

Sponsored Links
thats the way to go 10mm bar and polyester chemfix resin bolted every 600mm

I don't know what you mean by 'heavy' but either way I wouldn't advise guessing at it. Best to calculate the total load of the floor and use a proprietory fixing with a known capacity. Divide the load by the number of fixings to give you the spacing. i.e. if the load is 4kN/m and the capacity of the bolts is 2.8kN then you need bolts at 2.8/4 = 0.7metres. Chemfix is better than expanding bolts.

Allow a safety factor of about 1.4 in the load calcs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back