HEEEEELP! FAO Zampa

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After applying 1 coat of emulsion I filled the seems between my lining paper as you recommended.

I have sanded the filler and gone over the seems with a radiator roller however the white from the filler is showing through. I have done 2 coatss over the seems on one wall to see if that hides it but I can still see the filler beneath.

What can I do to get rid of this - I don't want to see the filler through my 2nd coat for all the walls

Sponsored Links
What type of filler was it?..you shouldnt see the filler through two coats of paint no way.

It was mix your own trade polyfilla. Made by Polycell I think (there's an ICI logo on the box).

The one coat I have done on the walls is a light coffee colour. The filler is white. I have done two coats only on the seems and it still shows through where the filler went over the edges of the seems and on to the walls a bit. But I sanded most of that off anyway though!

I guess I can only hope that when I do a second coat for the whole wall that it covers it up if I slap it on thick?!

Would a 3rd coat hide it or should I cut my losses and white wash the room now and start again with another 2 coats of my chosen colour.

I would roll over the filled areas lightly again not the whole lot...then do a thrid coat...something is very strange...filler should normally cover in one..no white should be seen whatsoever

Sponsored Links
I have just done a 2nd coat for the whole wall which has the double coated seems.

Fingers crossed I wont have to do a third coat for the whole wall!

I think the problem maybe the radiator roller was not putting much paint on. This could be due to the fact I am using Homebase emulsion and not Dulux Trade. I guess its not as thick and doesn't give as good coverage as the dulux.

I only went with the homebase stuff because I could never get the right colour from the dulux custom mix stuff. The homebase stuff got spot on with an off the shelf tin!!!

Me too - thanks for all the help by the way.

I'm going to look on the bright side - at least I can't see the paper joins now!

Where in Carmarthenshire are you. I have a very good friend who lives in Bury Port near Llanelli

Know it well..im about 15 miles from there ...I painted the Windsor club there about ten years ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back