Help - floor level question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Halfway through my extension - running into loads of problems.
Current one - I have installed a set of folding sliding doors. I want the kitchen floor tiles to run flush with the door sill and also with our hallway floor. Unfortunately the difference in levels is 40mm. The distance is however 6m.
Opinion is divided over whether or not I can lose 40mm over the 6m distance without it being noticeable.
I say yes and one of my builder mates and the tiler agree.
Two of my other builder mates say no - and that I should run the floor level and have a 40mm step out over the sliding doors ( which to me negates part of the concept of having these doors!)
Any advice much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi Neil

It's going to be dificult to 'un level' your floor isn't it?

40mm over 6 meters probably isnt that noticable but I assume your new floor has been screeded/self leveled and is sitting nice and level. Trying to make the floor run towards the doors is difficult to do. Also, a pain to tile on if not done well...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back