HELP glowworm 30 cxi blue water filler valve broken off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help! the water filler on my Glowworm 30 cxi has broken off ( in the closed position) The thin white peg that attatches the blue twister to the main part has snapped. Can I get a replacement and is it relatively easy to fit the new part? Where can I get the part if it is available?

Many thanks Tim

Sponsored Links
no it is NOT a relativley easy job as I beleive that the whole integral filling loop needs to be changed

My guv made me fit a few of these, but being handsome and clever I installed all of em with an external filling loop :)

All you need is the tap, Part No 801679

http://www.uk-plumbing.com/glowworm-tap-p-11779.html

Turn off the electrics

Turn off the cold mains supply to the boiler. Open a hot tap.

Pull out the 2 clips holding it in place, remove old tap, fit new one, push clips back in, turn cold mains supply back on, turn off hot tap once all the air has been dispelled, fill up your system to 1 bar.

Almost forgot....buy a few cos they are ****e :LOL:

Or do what the other say and fit an external one, but you will have to partially drain your system to do that.

Sponsored Links
scatmanjohn said:
All you need is the tap, Part No 801679

http://www.uk-plumbing.com/glowworm-tap-p-11779.html

Turn off the electrics

Turn off the cold mains supply to the boiler. Open a hot tap.

Pull out the 2 clips holding it in place, remove old tap, fit new one, push clips back in, turn cold mains supply back on, turn off hot tap once all the air has been dispelled, fill up your system to 1 bar.

Almost forgot....buy a few cos they are s***te :LOL:

Or do what the other say and fit an external one, but you will have to partially drain your system to do that.

ooooh look at you mr part number ;)

honestly the integral fillers on these are shyte wif a capital S fit and external one :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back