Help -how to take apart a Canon Pixma MP560 or?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok -major disaster -had a lttle plumbing job to do - made a stupid mistake and ended up causing a flood....
Water was running down my office walls... :eek:
Moved my laptop and 2WEEK OLD canon MP560 all in one printer away from the torrent...
Laptop was fine - some water on the paper feed of the printer but didn't seem too bad...left it a day to dry out and tried to print - seemed to start all right and then got an Error 6500 - seems to be a service centre issue...When I move it around I can see the odd drop of water - obviously got more in than I thought..

So does anyone know how to get these printers apart -so I can see how much water is left in there...was trying to tip it but worried about making things worse...
(I'm hoping for the best - but expecting the worse - when it dries out it will be fine - or it will be a simple repair...)

Or I think a service manual might be a good idea - free would be great - a small charge ok - but when i search i get lots of cr*p and user manuals ....anyone recommend a site?

I used to take my old canon printer apart to fix things -bought a service manual but now (older model) it is available free - so pretty sure I could do it...so not worried about that aspect...just good to know where the screws and clips are before trying to tackle it....

(before anyone suggests household insurance - I don't think I'm covered - literally just took the accidental damage off on the 10th sept!- after years of no claims decided it was a waste of money... :rolleyes:)

Sponsored Links
Problem solved???
Thought I'd post this if anyone else has a similar kind of problem...(error 6500)

Tried a reset I read somewhere else for a different model... (hold on/off, and reset keys down together for a few seconds) -didn't seem to work...

Left it on it's back overnight and then turned it on -not connected to the computer -took a long time 'preparing' -connected it back to the computer - and then has just printed 4 sheets - first two had smears of ink on them - poss from lying on its back...

Fingers crossed it is ok now.... :D

Sponsored Links
Back