Help identifying this hot water programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, could I please get some help identifying this hot water cylinder program unit:

20221207_104233.jpg

I'm trying to find a manual for it so I can program it properly - currently the hot water cylinder just seems to reheat every time someone uses hot water (even a small amount for washing hands in a sink). Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
That looks like a Landis & Gyr central heating programmer, unfortunately I cannot remember the model number. If I recall it's programmed by moving the red slider across to the appropriate position, eg left most for HW on in the morning, then the left/right arrows for the time in that slot. Likewise time set by moving slider underneath clock symbol and when done move slider to run position. That said as photographed its in an off period, the blue square changes to red when on.

You may find the model number behind the battery if that's removed.

Thanks a lot, Ian - those tips really helped, I think I've managed to set it properly now for morning, noon and evening; and I also witnessed the red square coming on when I temporarily overrode the program (presumably that's a "booster" feature?) Thanks again!

Reactions: CBW
Also remembered that CH & HW above/below PROG. are used to set which periods in the day are used. 24h means on all the time, once is between first & last times, ALL honours the times & OFF means it's off!

I think you can also set different times across the week but not sure of the process for that.

Sponsored Links
Override would "toggle" from off to on or vice versa.

It will stay in that state until the next switching time, (unless you press "override" again) , after which it should obey the program.

That looks like a Landis & Gyr central heating programmer
Was it called something like a Microgyr? I think I saw something very similar about 20 years ago, I'm sure it was Landis & Gyr, but I seem to remember the one I saw had a partial drop down cover though. :unsure:

I only remember it because it was unusual and I had never seen one before (or since) and I thought I had seen most programmers. I've done an internet search under Mircogyr but it's not come up with anything.

EDIT
Found one, it is, a Microgyr, the covers are missing from the one in the OP's photo:

Landis-and-gyr-microgyr.jpg

Sorry, doesn't help with finding the instructions though!

Last edited:
It's from a 1988 build, pretty sure it's the original programmer and hasn't been replaced since! Thanks to Ian and Justin's help, I think I've got it figured out - it was on the 24H (i.e. always on!) mode previously, so now I've moved it into ALL mode with two hour on/off slots for morning and evening, I'm hoping it will only come on/off at those times. One thing I'm not 100% sure about is whether it already had any day-specific settings pre-programmed, but I'll keep an eye on it to see.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back