help identifying wires in my boiler control box

it has its own 3 amp fuse in the fused connection unit, its just originally fed from the 13 amp fuse for downstairs sockets in the consumer unit
The fuse in the consumer unit should be 32A. Plugs can have a max fuse of 13A

i presume the supply is like it is because its part of the ring main so one is the power in, and the other set is the power back out to the ring main
Looking at your sketch, I assume the item labelled switch is the fused wall switch. If so, you are probably correct. the two cables are just the in and out of the ring.

I am confused when you say it is a switch and then refer to a fused connection unit. The recommended connectors are either a 3A fused spur or an un-switched socket with a 3 amp fuse in the plug.

Sponsored Links
sorry im confusing you, my sketch misses out the fuse, the fused connection unit is switched, so there is the fuse and switch, basically it is a 3 amp fused spur with switch.

and my mistake, the fuse in the consumer unit is 32 amp not 13,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back