Help is this exhaust beyond repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I wanted a exhaust with backbox removed and bought one of someone silly enough trying to save money but didn't think it through I guess it seems to have rust around the welds and maybe even a hole in the weld. If it's not a hole in picture attached is that rust a big problem.

So it had rust around welds I bought a wire wheel attached to drill and after a while realised that's as good as it will get. Damn.

Sponsored Links
I’ve seen this in your other post. Are you actually going to use this POS with no silencers on your car? If so, the quality of the welds will be the least of your worries.

I’ve seen this in your other post. Are you actually going to use this POS with no silencers on your car? If so, the quality of the welds will be the least of your worries.
I'm not sure what you mean.
No I'm.only replacing the stock backbox part

Last edited:
We can’t tell how good the metal is, but we can see it has been MIG welded rather than TIG.....but someone who knows what to do can sort that.
What’s it from?
John :)

Sponsored Links
We can’t tell how good the metal is, but we can see it has been MIG welded rather than TIG.....but someone who knows what to do can sort that.
What’s it from?
It's from a Honda civic fn1 do you know what I should contact a custom exhaust shop or ...
As I'm not sure what I can do get it in ok condition.

That welding is dreadful, i'd be concerned if the metal has actually fused at all in places.

Either get it re-welded or cut your losses and bin it.

For economics I’d either find a good welder or cut your losses and buy a Klarius system.....depends on the depth of the piggy bank!

For economics I’d either find a good welder or cut your losses and buy a Klarius system.....depends on the depth of the piggy bank!
Thank you I think I will try find one as a custom exhaust shop said they will have a look at it maybe they can fix or advice as I wanted the rear backbox/ muffler removed just for a little added sound but not excessive so dont want stock part.
I messed up buying of someone and not Inspecting it.

I wish I paid to have it done properly now but a lessen learned at least I guess.

Thank you for your summary has helped me figure out POA. Cheers.

OK, yeah, the welding is pretty rough, but you've paid for it now. You may as well drive round with it. The worst that will happen, is that one or more of those welds will ultimately fail, but you may as well get SOME use out of it rather than just binning it.

Sponsored Links
Back