Help - it seems difficult to replace close couple cistern!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WC cistern suddenly cracked badly - causing flood - no apparent reason.
I thought I could just replace the cistern with another one - but that does not seem to be possible?
The other problem is if I buy an entire WC with bowl - the foot print of the bowls are not given in most technical data by suppliers - and I do not want to replace the floor tiles! I have not found a bowl that is the same foot print as the existing one - 230cm x 320cms. Any advice? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I thought I could just replace the cistern with another one - but that does not seem to be possible? Why?

Remove the cistern, measure the centres of fixing holes and distance from wall.

go to a good plumbers merchant and they should be able to sort you out.

Thanks very much Bucks and HERTS - I did actually have a plumber and he seemed to think just the close couple cistern could not be easily replaced. Actually - spoke to relative overnight and they said they had had same problem and just replaced the cistern - so will now do the same!
This site has been a great help to me for many problems!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back