Help me choose a table saw blade for gloss kitchen doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I am about to buy a DeWalt DWE7485 table saw and I will be cutting gloss kitchen cabinet doors amongst other things and I am not sure if the supplied 24 tooth blade will give the best cut on my gloss doors - what blade do other people recommend I get for it. Cheers (y)

Sponsored Links
Probably a 40 tooth blade but some slight chipping is possible whatever blade is used. Scoring the surface can reduce breakout.

Blup

Thanks I can live with a bit of break out on the inside but what about a 60 tooth blade

I'll happily defer to the experts but I'd have my router out for that.

Sponsored Links
I got one of those too. Maybe need a new cutter for that also

i have the 54v version

i would use a 60 tooth check the fence is exactly parralel to stop cutting at the back off the blade
its a great saw can support a full 1220 board width so any door will be supported over the saw but place support fore and aft so the door starts and finishes the cut flat on the table'all pushing should be within an inch or there abouts off the blade [off course with a push stick]to avoid levering the work off the fence and quite good progress to avoid burning even with a 60 tooth blade
have 3 teeth 2mm showing through the top and masking tape round all cut surfaces
when you remove the tape pull it back on its self flat and watch for any flakes and decide iff worth saving for reattachment

as an aside you can cut say 50mm too long without tape and iff the result is satisfactory then no need to tape but just remember you are starting with a non standard "short door" when you start "mass production ":oops:

Last edited:
I use freud blades, clean finish and no chipping.
High tooth number gives increasingly better results.

Thanks big all for the great tips, being meticulous with the fence is one of the reasons I an attracted to the dewalt.
I do have an out feed table ready for it. Many years ago I did have a crappy table saw with a crappy blunt blade with a wobbly fence. I also have a 10 inch ryoibi compound mitre saw that I have experimented with different blades 60 tooth but the machine - its almost like its too violent to be able to produce a fine cut. :eek:
I also have a hand held circular saw and swapped that blade for a dewalt extreme 24tooth DT10302-QZ which I really liked but as I don't have a rail for it my cuts probably suffer from just running against a straight edge.

jonny2007 I see some of the freud blades are quite expensive, Saxton blades seem to keep popping up on forums and are a lot cheaper. But then I start getting bogged down reading all the tec on the manufactures sites about top ground - angle of teeth -kerf thickness blade thickness number of teeth / suitability for different machines so popped on here for some real world user help.
Most of my cuts will be for kitchen cabinets cutting down the height and depth of some of them and shelves and their associated gloss doors and maybe end panels, for this project anyway.

Last edited:
Yes, freud are expensive but they last a long time and give perfect finish.
It all depends on how much you value your work.

i have freud and changed through recommendation here to using saxtonblades
much cheaper then freud and i found just as good - NOTE only a DIYer
I had all my freuds sharpened and the cost to sharpen the blade - 165mmx1 and 250mmx2 - the cost to sharpen was the same to buy from saxtonblades
I use them in the Dewalt circular saw 165 and dewalt sliding mitre saw 250mm
I also now buy multitool blades from them - last much longer

On the blade sizing front the table saw blade will be a 210mm - is there anything wrong with fitting a 190mm if I cannot find one i want in 210mm, apart from loos of depth. Also just checked and my Ryobi mitre saw also uses the same 30mm bore as the dewalt. My Ryobi is 254mm and the dewalt would be 210mm so is there anything wrong with swapping blades there.
Looking at my Ryobi blade - its a bosch 80 toothand its a thick monster so maybe I would be better off with a thinner cerf blade in there.

i have freud and changed through recommendation here to using saxtonblades
much cheaper then freud and i found just as good - NOTE only a DIYer
I had all my freuds sharpened and the cost to sharpen the blade - 165mmx1 and 250mmx2 - the cost to sharpen was the same to buy from saxtonblades
I use them in the Dewalt circular saw 165 and dewalt sliding mitre saw 250mm
I also now buy multitool blades from them - last much longer
Thanks I will check them out

Yes, freud are expensive but they last a long time and give perfect finish.
It all depends on how much you value your work.
My problem is that if I spend a lot on a blade I know that I will just keep using it long after I should of binned it. But yes I do want a perfect Finnish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back