Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I’d like to get a vanity cupboard installed under my current sink - if not possible would like to get a new sink with a vanity unit attached…

Is this possible with the current set up whereby there’s boxing in work covering the pipe work from I believe the bath and also the sink itself?

Photos attached!

Attachments

• IMG_3804.jpeg
    IMG_3804.jpeg
    261.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3803.jpeg
    IMG_3803.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 60
Sponsored Links
Either is possible, obviously you're going to lose useful space with the boxed-in pipes.
If you go with the current sink your unit will need significant customisation so it can support the sink (assuming you want to lose the plinth).

Sponsored Links
Have to say you may struggle to get it all to fit nicely, given the proximity of the bath with the acrylic panel and the box section to the left, whatever is chosen it will be a squeeze. Is the basin a 500 or 600mm width?

You may need to change the bath panel to wood and match it to the vanity unit. If it's currently 500mm then a drawer vanity unit would be better as a door type would be tight to either side when open. If it's 600mm then you may be able to drop to a 500mm to give some more wiggle room.

There will be a fair bit of alteration (chopping) to get everything to fit nicely and keep it looking good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back